• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

.... well... things just got real for me today....

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I received a call from my dealership in London, Ontario, Canada; my 2021 Yamaha 252SD has arrived. It was on pre-order when I signed for it at the beginning of October. I’ll probably leave it wrapped and on site there for a few months and then ask them to do the pre delivery inspection once winter starts to move on in April...

I’m super pumped. This is my first boat ever. I’m taking some extra courses with the Canadian Power and Sail Squadron to help speed winter through.

Anyway, she’s here. No more questioning if it will arrive before spring!!!!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations! Very exciting.

Avoid the summer rush and start buying mods now. :)

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My latest find arrived today: plastic ammo boxes from Harbor Freight.

At $10, I don't think you can go wrong. And they will help organize the tools you will want on board. Or the spare parts. Or the rags. Or the... (yeah, I have a lot of boxes dying right now, so these are replacing them).

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, ok... you caught me. I got one of those in today's shipment too... <sigh> But it was cheap, too! :)

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats get some Cobra Jet steering @Cobra Jet Steering LLC from Jeff so you don’t hit a dock your first day. And a stoltz trailer roller. Congrats and enjoy it in good health

Nate

Last edited:

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Congrats get some Cobra Jet steering @Cobra Jet Steering LLC from Jeff so you don’t hit a dock your first day. And a stoltz trailer roller. Congrats and enjoy it in good health

Nate
Thanks. great advice. I’ve made note. I have Navionics running beautifully on my (recently waterproofed) iPad. I’m looking at fixed radios with DSC. I have an iCom handheld At the moment. Any other suggestions folks? Any fender recommendations? Anchors for lake Erie / Lake Huron that fit in the locker well? Any suggestions for anything are appreciated. I have PFDs and a tool kit so far.

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
minor mod and very inexpensive but I added these billet aluminum bilge and engine cooling water (pisser) outlets to my boat. I thought the silver best matched my suede gray hull but they are also available in other colors depending on what you are trying to match ? Didn't want to risk the plastic OE getting broken and thought they added to the appearance. Easy install.

Attachments

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
@WildCatFan54 do you have a link for those aluminum pissers? Have a grey suede 195S on deposit.

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

3/4". 45%. Good luck. There is also a very good YouTube video on the process that I will try to find and post ? May take me a while ?
CORRECTION !! The bilge outlet should be straight , not 45% !! The "cooling bypass" outlet are 45%. SORRY. see link below

Last edited:

Richard Bares

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
minor mod and very inexpensive but I added these billet aluminum bilge and engine cooling water (pisser) outlets to my boat. I thought the silver best matched my suede gray hull but they are also available in other colors depending on what you are trying to match ? Didn't want to risk the plastic OE getting broken and thought they added to the appearance. Easy install.
Are both 3/4" or is the Bilge 3/4" and the pissers 1/2"? I have a 2019 210 that I am considering this for.

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
You are correct ! The bilge is 3/4" and the pissers are 1/2". The pissers also come in 3/8" but they don't fit the hose securely. Stick with the 1/2".

Richard Bares

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You are correct ! The bilge is 3/4" and the pissers are 1/2". The pissers also come in 3/8" but they don't fit the hose securely. Stick with the 1/2".
Thanks for getting back to me. I was just about to pull the trigger on the order and was wondering if anyone has replaced the anchor locker drain flange on the front of the boat. My 2012 didn't have that and I haven't had a chance to look at my 2019.

Last edited: