• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

West Wildwood, NJ Area

Mike Dumigan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Was looking at houses in the West Wildwood, NJ area, and was wondering where people go for water skiing, etc and to just hang out.

Thanks

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Check out Corson's Inlet. It is a state park. Its on the Southern tip of Ocean City so it is a little bit of a drive from Wildwood but during the summer you will find the place filled up with boats and PWCs. There are some great beach sections that you can beach or anchor at. On the Strathmere side there is a bar and restaurant.

Mike Dumigan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Just to add a little more, I have been around the wildwoods a few times and there are a ton of boats and PWCs in the water. I'm just not sure where they hang out there. If you put your boat in somewhere in Wildwood its not to bad of a ride up the coast to Corson's.

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've always heard that the hereford inlet was very sketchy and best to avoid it. Cape may inlet was a better choice. There is some good boating area if you launch at 4th street marina in Wildwood. I actually did my first water test there when I purchased a boat and its a short 15-20 minute ride thru the back back area no wake to get to some nice area to cruise or fish etc.

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I just spent a week vacation in West Wildwood. We rented a house with a boat slip in the back yard. There were a few nice spots for tubing, skiing or wake boarding close to the house... As long as it was close to high tide. A few pics from the back deck.DSCN1449.JPGDSCN1480.JPGDSCN1513.JPG

Mike Dumigan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you rent on Popular Street? and were you down the 4th of July weekend? i was there but unfortunately not with the boat....

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Did you rent on Popular Street? and were you down the 4th of July weekend? i was there but unfortunately not with the boat....
Yes we were on Poplar, but we were there the week after the 4th

Dfred

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Happy 4th 2021 - JB crews.
Bumping the WWNJ thread and hoping to get some tips and guidance. We just dropped in our ol’AR210 at Spicer Creek (great, free, no frills single launch, but fills up on the best/popular days; we avoided 4th St launch on WW due to low tide). Ended up staying in Sunset Lake where we could tow tube in small area skirting the jet ski rental course for a while …. Until the area got packed in with anchored parties by early afternoon. We anchored also and joined the fun on floats.

@gsbrown - where did you find nice spots? We were thinking Richardson Sound at higher tide times, or Stone Harbor? any help for recommendations with good tubing and possibly wakeboarding locations in Cape May / WW? Thanks in advance. 0E28281E-6169-40E0-94DA-2D53F92B9793.jpegBB08335C-0D98-4DD0-9286-21E1AE0C3893.jpeg

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Happy 4th 2021 - JB crews.
Bumping the WWNJ thread and hoping to get some tips and guidance. We just dropped in our ol’AR210 at Spicer Creek (great, free, no frills single launch, but fills up on the best/popular days; we avoided 4th St launch on WW due to low tide). Ended up staying in Sunset Lake where we could tow tube in small area skirting the jet ski rental course for a while …. Until the area got packed in with anchored parties by early afternoon. We anchored also and joined the fun on floats.

@gsbrown - where did you find nice spots? We were thinking Richardson Sound at higher tide times, or Stone Harbor? any help for recommendations with good tubing and possibly wakeboarding locations in Cape May / WW? Thanks in advance. View attachment 155942View attachment 155943
When I was in West Wildwood I had a good view of the bay. I could see the grassy spots during low tide and know to avoid them even during high tide. I did get beached one time near Taugh Pointe by route 147. We were tubing and ran up on a muddy sand bar. Great memories LOL. I would just make sure your on the high tide part of the day and stay in the deep water the other part of the day. One thing my family loved was going out the Cape May Inlet into the ocean and heading south along the Cape May Beach. We saw a pod of over 30 dolphins. They were everywhere!

UnorthodoxCreations

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone know a place in the Wildwoods where you can keep a boat on the trailer for a couple days? My parents have a house in the Crest and I'd love to take my AR230 but with the tight streets I don't think I'd ever get the boat in the driveway and you can't count on enough street parking. I still might try later in the season when it's less busy but I'd love to be able to ride around with all the dolphins we see from the beach.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Does anyone know a place in the Wildwoods where you can keep a boat on the trailer for a couple days? My parents have a house in the Crest and I'd love to take my AR230 but with the tight streets I don't think I'd ever get the boat in the driveway and you can't count on enough street parking. I still might try later in the season when it's less busy but I'd love to be able to ride around with all the dolphins we see from the beach.

Pier 47 marina. They have room there and they are the local yamaha dealer.

Dfred

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@mrcleanr6 (I’m not sure, I got a “no” from them when I asked for storage for week/month but not season) Pier 47 is indeed a Yamaha dealer and a great crew (got Yamaha parts, tube toys and rented a ‘toon from them in years past) but they, and ALL marinas and yards I called, require entire season contract ($$$thousands). We got LUCKY (yes, lucky after calling every single marina and yard around Cape May) : Harbor / Parkway Storage - call John (tell him I sent you ;) (609) 465-9575. They are a storage facility/yard. Keep your expectations at that point, and especially with the fantastic low transient prices - it’s worth it!!!
500 N Wildwood Blvd
Cape May Court House NJ 08210

Tip, need the following:
1. Hose and spray nozzle (they have freshwater hook up, but I travel with & did need my own hose to washdown and flush with salt away .. no launch had water ugh)
2. Chocks for wheels and wood block for trailer jack wheel (I parked in the lower gravel lot next to containers, and it was uneven)
3. Locks (I use hitch pin and cable through wheels), boats on trailer are easily stolen. The yard is pretty open - Safe enough for my needs though.
4. Cone - When going out - saved my parking spot with a named cone, and left the snap on cover in the spot when we got lazy also…. Something/anything to mark and save your parking spot.
5. name label your trailer tongue

This location also avoids the traffic and street mess of the island (we are in the Crest also, and I was glad to not trailer on the WW at all). We happened to launch at crazy peak times and at low tide - both are “avoid 4th St launch” notes. We used Spicer Creek launch in Cape May (behind Lazy Bones). All reviews are true - timing and patience is everything, but folks are super kind and helpful. Even at dead low tide - it was fine for everything you want in an launch for a JB, but - it’s only one lane. And “backup” launch at Bree-Zee-Lee Yacht Basin is nearby if the Creek is full.

We had a great time & thanks to @gsbrown we waited the tide up (at the dock and dine at the awesome Warf restaurant) and had Richardson sound area around the jet ski “course” for some awesome tube and wakeboard water. Otherwise- we were in Sunset Lake, working around the traffic or having our own anchor party. We didn’t get the oceanside dolphin trip in yet this time. Maybe soon!

Last edited:

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've used Bree-zee Lee yacht basin as a ramp and place of storage and they had good rates for the 4 days I was down there. They are on ocean drive in Cape May.