• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wet Sounds WS 420-sq connection question

Doug

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm looking to upgrade my system in my 2015 Yamaha 242 Limited S. So a quick list of the new system will include 4 pairs of MX650's (adding 1 pair in the helm area), M880 on the tower and a M10IB5 sub. Amps include M800/8 for the in-boat speakers and a M700/5 to power the tower and sub. Im also adding a Wet Sounds WS 420-sq so my question is the WS 420 has a single main input and the head unit in the Yamaha is the Polk PA540UM which has 2 separate outputs a front RCA line out and a rear RCA line out. How do you hook up the WS 420? just chose either output or tie them together to the WS 420's input? Thanks

David Analog

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
You cannot tie the HU RCA outputs together (like with 'Y' adapters) without a buffered circuit. But you can divide/split the outputs to two inputs.
So you will use the HU front RCA output only to the single stereo EQ input. You will keep the HU fader to full front or in the middle. The voltage level will be the same either way.

Doug

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks David I really appreciate the information. I just wasn't sure how to go about connecting the 2 units together.