• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wetsounds Stealth 10

RadioWaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thinking of swapping my Kicker KMT674 tower speakers for the Wetsounds Stealth 10 Ultra, checking to see if anyone has used this and how it performs. Installed the Kicker last year so board riders and skiers could hear the music, and they can, but only used them for that purpose a few times.

IMG_20170727_160238297_HDR.jpg
The problem is that we have friends that ride with us almost every week and he is 6'6" and whacks his head regularly. Anyway I am thinking that the Wetsounds might be the way to go. I know boarders wont be able to hear it but I think I have outgrown that.

Any thoughts?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Tell your friend get his own boat lol.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jcyamaharider has experimented with that setup, I think he has the 6 Ultra, but would be very similar.

--

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have the core 10, it is what comes factory on the 242X. I really like the sound that it puts out. I have mine powered with 125 watts to each channel and it is very loud. It isn't reach you at wake boarding distance loud but it is in the range of surfing loud. Defiantly a good add to the boat.

In the pic below it is facing to the rear, I have since turned it around so it is not competing with the REV10's and it fills in the front area sound better.

RadioWaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
thanks @jcyamaharider I really like the looks of it and the main purpose would be good quality sound while swimming. I think I will go with the ultra, very little price difference and I can use the internal amp (but that could be a problem getting a heavy enough power and ground wire up there) might need to rethink and go with the core.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
thanks @jcyamaharider I really like the looks of it and the main purpose would be good quality sound while swimming. I think I will go with the ultra, very little price difference and I can use the internal amp (but that could be a problem getting a heavy enough power and ground wire up there) might need to rethink and go with the core.
I am powering mine with one of the factory polk audio amps. With my personal experience I have used and installed 6 of these amps in different configurations and they are great amps for the price. I have seen true dyno numbers off of these amps and they exceed what they are rated for. I am using 2 channels off of my Polk 4000.4. Just an FYI on my amp selection.

RadioWaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am using the Cerwin-Vega B55 Stealth Bomber and it pushes the Kickers fine so I am sure it would do ok for the Wetsounds

David Analog

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Ignoring the brands, and looking strictly at the two speaker designs....You will not get the same projection or performance from the soundbar as you are getting from the Kicker. The loss of horn, larger midbass drivers, and greater pod displacement, cannot be matched by a greater number of smaller speakers.

RadioWaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea, I realize I won't get the projection with the bar but at this point I am just looking for good quality sound close to the boat. I think my days of wanting the loudest boat on the lake are over, just turned 56 today