• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What air pump for Fatsac

Jbgunner

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have a Fatsac 850lb. What airpump are people using to inflate this before adding water?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Huh? You mean to test fit or something? Any source of air would work. Otherwise I’m not sure what you’re asking. You want water in them bags not air :D

Jbgunner

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I want to fill the fatsac with air first to position it and tie the sac down. Then I want to pump water into the fatsac. I was wondering if any special adaptor was needed for the air pump. The fatsac came with it a water pump. I take it from your response that any pump will do.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea any kind of inflatable air pump would work in one of the ports on the bag. Doesn’t have to be air tight seal if you’re just using it for this kind of thing but just know it will mean more air in the bag that you’ll want to burp out. You may try it one or twice but I think you’ll find this to be unnecessary extra work in the end. You can tie off the bag some as it fills up with water and adjust accordingly as it gets larger.

LoWeLL216

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I want to fill the fatsac with air first to position it and tie the sac down. Then I want to pump water into the fatsac. I was wondering if any special adaptor was needed for the air pump. The fatsac came with it a water pump. I take it from your response that any pump will do.
I do this. I use a small battery powered one. There's also plenty of cheap ones with battery alligators clips or an aux adapter.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i just use my tube inflator, it doesn't fit /seal but I just hold my hand over it, it only takes a minute to fill with air,

it's a great idea that really made filling bags easier for me

LoWeLL216

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i just use my tube inflator, it doesn't fit /seal but I just hold my hand over it, it only takes a minute to fill with air,

it's a great idea that really made filling bags easier for me
Me too. Takes 10 sec to inflate it. Super easy to get it strapped in exactly how you want it and keeps shape once you start filling it.

Tlcaffall

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is my favorite Ryobi accessory..... Use it for Tubes, fat sack, air mattress, start paddle boards with it. I had to make a hose with adapters for the paddle boards. I just hold my hand over the hole for the fat sack.