• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What are these black wires above fuel tank?

DanF861

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Does anyone know what these black wires are for above the fuel tank that are routed under the captains chair? I had to move them around and zip tie a bit since they were loose and banging around when hitting waves. Just curious as to what they’re for and make sure that repositioning them slightly won’t cause any issues.

Attachments

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone know what these black wires are for above the fuel tank that are routed under the captains chair? I had to move them around and zip tie a bit since they were loose and banging around when hitting waves. Just curious as to what they’re for and make sure that repositioning them slightly won’t cause any issues.
Steering and throttle cables? Bandling those shoudl help, some here even use pool noodles to wrap and cushion those.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here are mine, I have a bunch of heavy duty amp wire inside a pool noodle to protect from chafing, and a ballast hose for center ski locker. My steering cables don;t seemt o have as much slack though.

--

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Steering and throttle cables? Bandling those shoudl help, some here even use pool noodles to wrap and cushion those.

--
Or you could just cut em off and throw em away so they don't look so messy. ;)

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Here are mine, I have a bunch of heavy duty amp wire inside a pool noodle to protect from chafing, and a ballast hose for center ski locker. My steering cables don;t seemt o have as much slack though.
View attachment 103012

--
I'm assuming your ballast pump is installed and not the throw over one, yes? I like what you have there.

DanF861

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The pool noodle idea is great ... I'll go ahead and give that a shot. My steering cables appear to have more slack since I pulled them out as much as I could from underneath the captain's chair floor. They were a bit loose and knocking around.

On a side note, when you turn your steering wheels (with the engines off) do you hear any type of noise? I hear a slight "creaking" noise from the steering wheel mechanism which I never noticed or paid much attention to until now. Just curious if that's normal? The wheel moves freely and the steering operates great.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On a side note, when you turn your steering wheels (with the engines off) do you hear any type of noise?
Nope. But I have installed a lot of soundproofing in my boat, so that could be helping, too. All hatches and compartments are padded, the fuel tank is covered with memory foam, and I have polyurethane foam injected in many voids, memory foam in larger voids that cut the resonating sound.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length