• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

What can I fit through a garage door that is 82 x 106?

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I’m trying to figure out what I can fit into my garage. The door frames seem to be my limiting restriction. They are 82 x 106. Once past the doors its 21 foot wide, 26 foot deep and a very tall ceiling. Unfortunately I can’t increase the size of the doors. Here is my understand of my options so far, hoping someone can confirm this:

SX190, SX195: Will fit with no issues. Can back the trailer right in on the truck.

AR190, AR195: Can be made to fit if you extend the cable holding the tower on. Will be tight though.

SX210, 212 Limited: With a caster on the trailer it will fit but be tight.

AR210, 212 Limited S, 212X: Not going to fit.

Any 24 footer: Not going to fit.

WOW if a 24 can be squeezed in, that makes me feel better about all of them. I'd be really happy about getting a 212 LTD in there without it becoming to much of a chore. However there seems to be the least amount of info on the 212 LTD on this forum with regards to size.

I can get a 24ft in that size opening but it wouldn't be practical. Only a winter storage twice a year in and out. @mattschepker what size was your opening before you modified it?

https://jetboaters.net/threads/how-do-you-get-an-ar230-out-a-7ft-door.1277/#post-18215

I have 84 inch height and my 2019 SX190 barely squeezes by with level trailer, I mean BARELY... I actually drop the air suspension on my Grand Cherokee by 1.5" to make it more stomach friendly.

WOW if a 24 can be squeezed in, that makes me feel better about all of them. I'd be really happy about getting a 212 LTD in there without it becoming to much of a chore. However there seems to be the least amount of info on the 212 LTD on this forum with regards to size.

I have a 2017 ar240. My garage door is 8 foot. I adjusted the tower stops all the way down to the end of the bolt. Which allows the tower to fold just below the windshield. I know some have done mods and added extra pieces but I did not have to do that. The anchor lightmight be a tad bit higher than the windshield but not by much. I then lower the Wheeljack almost down to its lowest point. I also added a winch to the garage floor to help pull the boat in the garage. I could actually back the boat in hooked up to my truck into the garage but it's such a tight fit I'd rather use thewinch. Here are some pictures to give you an idea. Yes the garage is a reason we bought the house. With the extension it's awesome.
Same house we had a 2011 SX 210 with a little bit shorter than 7 foot garage door and I had casters mounted to the front of the trailer on each side which would allow me to get the boat in the garage 20180920_104841.jpg 20180920_104900.jpg 20180920_104804.jpg 20180920_105755.jpg 20180920_104921.jpg 20180920_104943.jpg

Attachments

• 20180920_104729.jpg
    20180920_104729.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Didn't you get the Ar240 in the garage 1 time before you raised the header? @mattschepker

Wow and I thought my winter garage storage process a tough one. I have a 3 car garage with 1 door 8' x 16' and the other door 8'x8', the kicker is that the larger two car section is only 18' deep and the 3rd car is 20' deep. So I have to come in through the larger door put the trailer on wheel dolly's turn it around so it just barely fits.

@mattschepker got a link to the winch you used?

I bought the winch from Northern Tool. I've had it for almost 5 years. The cable ended up shooting craps about 2 years ago. I replaced the cable with a synthetic 2500 lb rope and have not had a problem since. I think I bought the synthetic rope from Harbor Freight.Screenshot_20180920-125448_Samsung Internet.jpg

Wow and I thought my winter garage storage process a tough one. I have a 3 car garage with 1 door 8' x 16' and the other door 8'x8', the kicker is that the larger two car section is only 18' deep and the 3rd car is 20' deep. So I have to come in through the larger door put the trailer on wheel dolly's turn it around so it just barely fits.
I have the same issue but switching to radials made it a 1 man job and no dollies needed2063F3E5-6F40-4C66-B8C3-2EBDC88E3FA0.jpeg

Three car garage with the 82” height. 212 Limited with caster wheel on trailer. Two four wheels dollies with the foot pedal under the back wheels. Back in until tires are on the garage floor. Lower the tongue with a floor jack, kick up the rear wheels to make it a single axle, push in and turn left, fold in tongue and your in. Still have room for golf cart and two ATV’s. It’s a few steps and easier taking out than pushing in but it will work. Can’t beat that climate controlled garage and ability to dry everything out with a fan.

Three car garage with the 82” height. 212 Limited with caster wheel on trailer. Two four wheels dollies with the foot pedal under the back wheels. Back in until tires are on the garage floor. Lower the tongue with a floor jack, kick up the rear wheels to make it a single axle, push in and turn left, fold in tongue and your in. Still have room for golf cart and two ATV’s. It’s a few steps and easier taking out than pushing in but it will work. Can’t beat that climate controlled garage and ability to dry everything out with a fan.

What is the purpose of the dollies? Is that just so you can turn it by hand? Would that be needed if you were just going straight back, I'm assuming it does not effect height. Once on the caster how hard is it to move?

What is the purpose of the dollies? Is that just so you can turn it by hand? Would that be needed if you were just going straight back, I'm assuming it does not effect height. Once on the caster how hard is it to move?

I originally bought four of them because the videos showed them moving full size cars around a garage. It did not work because of the axels being right next to each other. So I use two on the back to lighten the load and make it easier to push or pull. Once the front end is all the way down it just clears the 82” opening. No lie it is a hard push in but it will go. Pulling out easier as I think the floor has a slight slope out. The idea above with the winch I would think make it a straight back in and you could guide it with the remote. Hope this helps. I too came here for advice because I wanted the 21’ and was determined to get it into the garage.

9C96C28E-CA1D-4116-9DA5-0D3D5006DD33.jpeg 06C6F917-A191-4E54-978E-E91CB918282F.jpeg D6420713-12FA-4A79-8EAC-56C6B043B58E.jpeg Final product with an inch or two, to spare.

Man I thought having to drop the tower, open up gate and back into garage was tough. My f150 is half way into garage when I back boat all the way in.

If I want to in winter can fit boat (sx230) my f150 and wifes grand Cherokee in there. Its tiiiight at that point.

Back