• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What do you do for a living?

Wake_Dude

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
1. Full time machine shop owner/operator. Main contracts stem from the DoD and marine industry.
2. Still do a couple shifts/month as a PRN RN @ Select ICU to keep skills/credentials up.

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Intel like the microchip company?

You're the second tradesman I've seen on this site to list Intel. I would have never guessed they had a pipe fitter and a carpenter on staff. Just don't think of a tech company that way. Interesting.
A lot of those tech companies, especially those that make Physical Things have substantial site maintenance needs and have permanent staff to handle that sort of thing. When it comes to manufacturing facilities, there's TONS of very skilled trades on staff to handle site rework / reconfiguration etc.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A lot of those tech companies, especially those that make Physical Things have substantial site maintenance needs and have permanent staff to handle that sort of thing. When it comes to manufacturing facilities, there's TONS of very skilled trades on staff to handle site rework / reconfiguration etc.
I mean, when you say it out loud like that it makes a lot of sense. :D

Just doesn't quite click the first time you hear it.

Ajdouts

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Intel like the microchip company?

You're the second tradesman I've seen on this site to list Intel. I would have never guessed they had a pipe fitter and a carpenter on staff. Just don't think of a tech company that way. Interesting.
Intel is always building I have been there for 10 years.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Absolutely nothing!

Retired today after 39 years of public service as a Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Program Expert with the FDA. Loved my job, but looking forward to exploring other activities and spending more time with my wife.

The search for the retirement boat has begun! :)

Jim

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Recently retired Union Machinist and Cummins Diesel/ Allison Hybrid Mechanic (MUNI)

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
A friend of mine bought a used house boat from a young guy a few years ago. This guy had it going on, Mansion on the water, exotic cars in the garage and driveway, a cigarette boat and yacht on his docks in the backyard. When my friend asked the guy what he does for a living, he responded with the best answer I can think of, “I’m retired.”

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Chemical / Heat Transfer Process Engineer on paper

Aerospace and IGT Quality Engineer, currently working as a Quality Engineer for the casting division of Siemens Energy.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
That's why this site is great! Lots of smart, talented people with different insight. Pretty impressive list of careers. But then again, broke people don't own nice boats🤣

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Assistant Director of Operations/Facility Management for a New York State University.
Great gig. Very very thankful!
BUT - Fuck! Our young ones are f’n IDIOTS. I sometimes think / it’s not the kids. It’s the parents fault!

bjlkemper

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Retired Air Force, 2A6X2 AFSC. Now I do mechanic contract work for the DOD on the C3ISR side of things. Work 6 months out of the year, but all the work time is done in places you’d never vacation on the other side of the the big water pond. Can’t complain honestly because it is fun, dangerous and keeps you on your toes.

charlivenum

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I have a small chain of Georgian restaurants. So far I only have restaurants in a few states. But I would really like to open restaurants outside of America. But that kind of scale requires a lot of investment and work. Right now I am looking at several tools for running a restaurant website, so that I can start shipping as well in the future. I'm considering callfire crunchbase for customer service. Also came across zoho com review for business analysis.

Last edited:

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a small chain of Georgian restaurants. So far there are restaurants in just a couple of states. But I would really like to open restaurants outside of America.
What's the restaurants names and what states are they in? Where are you thinking of opening outside of America?

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a small chain of Georgian restaurants. So far there are restaurants in just a couple of states. But I would really like to open restaurants outside of America.
Cool! Georgia the country or Georgia the US state?

oakley24

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
IT Management at multiple companies for over 25 years. The past 5 years I have managed and mentored autistic adults, in different IT fields, through a program called Autism2Work. Very rewarding.