• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

what does this part do on an SX230, year 2004, broke nut

Robert Albert

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does anyone know what this part does? the nut broke, but i not sure it critical to get it fixed, before i can use it... the service manual has it listed as a "bolt".
part.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think that bolt secures the impeller housing (the part that surrounds the impeller) to the plate in front of it. The plate in front of the impeller housing is the part that ais secures to the hull / fiber glass of the boat. There should be at least four such bolts.

if I’m right, I think you can safely operate the boat for the rest of the season since there are three other bolts holding the assembly to the hull.

Robert Albert

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
the four main bolts are in, this is a small bolt off to the left, and with the 4 bolts in, i really dont see what a small bolt off to the side would do. here might be a better photo

Attachments

305SX230

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The water inlet from the jet pump goes in though there. I believe that 10 mm bolt helps seals that inlet. On the image you posted you’ll see some groves next to the number 9. That’s where water passes.

Robert Albert

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
ok, thanks. that said, it really would not be critical, but something i would want to take care of with the fall winterizing...

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did anything break! In the picture it looks like the bolt potentially backed out and fell off. With the replacement bolt in hand its likely a 5 minute fix including beer time.

Do you think the bolt broke? Any chance it just fell off?

Robert Albert

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
it broke, i was changing the impeller. i think the specs on the manual was wrong, as it had 25lb torch setting.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
ah, ok.

I agree with your line of thought, I'd leave it for the winter too.