• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

What engine do I need? 07 AR210

Nikokrzynowek

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
New to me Yamaha ar210. Lo and behold the motors were never winterized when stored and both engines have cracked blocks. Trying to find 2 blocks that will work with all of my internal components but it seems as if there are many variants of these blocks. Anyone know what block I need? Thank you

Send pictures of your engines now. Or do you know if they are the high output engines or not?

I believe they are not high outputs. Anything specific you’re looking for in a photo?

Attachments

• IMG_6162.jpeg
    IMG_6162.jpeg
    687.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6151.jpeg
    IMG_6151.jpeg
    587.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6150.jpeg
    IMG_6150.jpeg
    584.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6161.jpeg
    IMG_6161.jpeg
    638.8 KB · Views: 7
checked oil prior to starting. Oil was good level was low but I was planning on warming engines up then changing the oil. Stated the port side motor up, turned on the water and within minutes oil pressure light came on and dipstick looked like this attached. Figured both blocks are cracked so I didn’t bother trying to start the starboard engine. Already started tearing into the port side motor. Want to order up a new case soon so hopefully I can get everything to my machine shop soon

Attachments

• IMG_6146.jpeg
    IMG_6146.jpeg
    264.4 KB · Views: 9
Ya not the high outputs, engine stickers should tell you what you the model number or whatever to make sure you get the right parts. I’ve always used Partzilla to look up parts.

You should try starting the other engine and seeing how it does. My winterization of these types of engines are literally just blowing out the water boxes, I do not run antifreeze through them. There’s a video in the FAQ section on how water passes through the pump and cooling lines into the engine you should watch, it may save you from tearing the entire block apart to see if it’s something easier to fix.

From what I gather the boat was sitting since 2018 and the winterization was ran a hose though the motors then stopped the water and gave a couple wraps of the throttle to get the water in the motor out. When I started the engine without water and gave it a few wraps of the throttle a bunch of water came out of the transom so I’m guessing there was still a bunch of water in the block. I’ll try to find the video you’re talking about

Scroll down on this thread to look at the video on water flow..

FAQ:
IMG_5416.jpeg
IMG_5417.jpeg
IMG_5418.jpeg
This will help you immensely, look through that section.

Attachments

• IMG_5418.jpeg
    IMG_5418.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 3
I guess either way I have to pull the port side engine because I ran it and was introduced with water. Gotta replace bearings now. I guess I’ll check and see what is actually wrong letting all of that water into the oil

Back