• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

What is different about a 232 from a 230?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am curious what the differences are?

PS, if anyone wants to sell a 232 tower please let me know!

I looked into the 232 L and LS before I bought a used 242 LS. The easiest way to explain the differences are to compare them to the 240s. That is, the 232 L is comparable to 242 L whereas the 230 is comparable to a SX 240 or AR 240 depending on if the 230 has a tower or not. The high level overview is that the 232 comes stock with SS cup holders, swim deck seat cushions, berber carpet and I think a fresh water wash down system. The compartments, especially the head compartment is finished/carpeted and the stereo may be an upgrade to the 230's as well. The towers on a 232 LS is forward swept like the 242s, and it probably doesn't fold (since Yamaha didn't introduce that feature in the 242 LS towers until 2012. the 232 LS's tower may also have integrated lights and speakers but I doubt it. Oh, also, I think the 232s only came in tan. If Yamaha followed the same basic themes than the 232 L will have to captains chairs and the LS will have one plus a convertible lounger.

This answer was so good, I found myself reading it twice! (But it seemed different the second time I read it!) :D:D:D

Hey @Bruce just get a forward sweeping Monster tower. If I ever decide I'm getting a tower, that's the route I'm gonna go.

I really wanted a 232LS when I was looking but there were very few to find for sale.
I looked at a couple 232L boats, the above post(s) pretty much sums it up.
Carpet, swim deck shower/cushions, different radio/swim deck remote...
I don't remember the head compartment being different than what my '09 AR is.

This answer was so good, I found myself reading it twice! (But it seemed different the second time I read it!) :D:D:D

Sorry about that, my PC is doing funny things lately.

Ronnie pretty much nailed it. My 232 Limited has one captain seat and the lounge seat also ot came with a galvanized trailer

Back