• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What order to work on throttle issues 212x?

thegrapeguy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
2014 212x - I have read in great detail all I could about throttle issues. Basically I forget which throttle I have the drop issue on but I have the throttle drop issue. When I align the RPM's on the 2 engines and hit cruise assist one throttle drops back misaligning the RPM between engines. It's a small amount of RPM difference. I also notice that most times my throttles are an 1/8 to 1/4" off when I'm just in a straight line cruise with manual throttling.

So the throttle adjustments I have read about are:
1. Tension screws
2. Cable adjustments on sides of engine compartments
3. Engine cable connection at air filter box ( ? - couldn't quite understand this one)
4. Throttle drop fix
5. Using JetBoatPilot's throttle sync
6. Perfect Pass (for aiding wake boarding speeds) - cruise assist was ineffective to a degree as rider pull would affect boat speed AND boat would usually speed up to a speed greater than the wakeboarder wanted

My question what order should I go in to fine tune my throttles so I can boat and tow with solid even throttling.
I'm committed to the JBP throttle sync simply because it will make things easy especially for "guest" drivers who don't get the "match throttles" concept...

My opinion, you should fix the throttle drop issue first (see @Speedling 's write up on it). After fixing that then see if you need to adjust the tension screws. You can actually make the throttle drop worse by over tightening the tension screws. Then I would check the throttle adjustments in the engine compartment. Then throttlesync...(I like the throttlesync for watersports.)

Fix the drop then line em up!
Not quite that easy though because one side gets loaded heavier than thw other while under way.
A solution to that is supercharging.

Back