• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What warranty work have you had done?

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Some of the threads on here have me wondering just what everyone has had to have done for warranty work on their 2015 24 foot boats. I have a round of warranty work that has already been approved as well as a few items that are being sent off for approval. Also include anything that was denied by Yamaha so we can see how many people have the same problems.

Approved:
1. New trailer light (not Yamaha). Had a light die after first use, dealer is replacing at no cost.
2. New engine cover on starboard engine. It was scratched up, not sure if it happened before or after dealership received it. (Noticed it before purchase and said I wanted a new one)
3. Helm access door/wind blocker has all pieces on the inside the compartment trim falling off. Yamaha replacing entire door assembly.

Pending:
1. Large blemish in the fiberglass finish in the dark gray area where storage net is on passenger side. I noticed it when cleaning the boat.
2. Pin holes discovered in starboard side rear side cushions just under where the tower mount is.

My salesman Chris at Desert Valley Powersports has been awesome with all of this and wants Yamaha to replace or fix each item. The fixing of the blemish is probably a long shot as it is difficult to get a good photo of it, but is very noticeable in person. Its one of those things that once you see it, it cannot be unseen and will continue to bother you. I just don't know how they would fix that spot.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is a list of my warranty items:

:)

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I've had quite a few, never had an issue with them fixing stuff:
  • New Speaker
  • Two bearing buddies
  • New trailer hub
  • New front seat (cracked)
  • New headunit and amp kit (before they started doing rewires)
  • Unstick shower hose
  • New trailer jack (broke last year)
  • Lost the bimini pole, replaced no problem
I think my other front speaker is blown, so will probably need a new one of those too. Also my boat buckle is not working so might try to get one of those too...

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had the oil coolers replaced under a third party extended warranty. One cooler was cracked and the other warped both under 200 hours and both leaked. The dealer had to send pics to my warranty company to prove that one was warped. It was in the shop for three weeks post season, one was just waiting on a diagnostic. $2,400 covered the parts and labor. I had a $200 deductible and oil and filters were NOT covered.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think the older boats had a better track record. Not that they were perfect.
Hmmm, I like to think it's due to operator attention to detail and preventative maintenance - @scokill , I'll bet you take great care of your boat, right? Right? Yeah, that's what I thought. :winkingthumbsup"

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hmmm, I like to think it's due to operator attention to detail and preventative maintenance - @scokill , I'll bet you take great care of your boat, right? Right? Yeah, that's what I thought. :winkingthumbsup"
If by detail you mean changing the oil and filter at the beginning and end of season and spark plugs, then yes....you are correct. I loved it after the winter break I went and turned the key and the engine fired up in 2 seconds.

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got the boat back last week, so I will add my updates to my list.

Turns out trailer light is a problem with my truck or pigtail, not the trailer, so I gotta get a new pig tail to find out.

Engine cover was replaced at no cost

Helm access door / wind blocker was replaced at no cost. The part actually had not come in from Yamaha yet so they took it off one of their boats in stock.

They looked at the blemish on the passenger side and said for that one there was nothing they could do.

And they agreed that the cushion with the pin holes in it was done before I picked it up so they have one on order for me, which will likely take a while because they said Yamaha has been getting slow on sending warranty parts.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@PolarXJ I have had:
  1. scratched "242 Limted S" decal on both sides - quickly replaced
  2. a 6" crack in the fiberglass on the front of the battery storage - directly behind the port side captain's seat. - assessed and repaired
  3. inoperative shower on the swim deck - quickly repaired

beachbum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Replaced both aft cockpit seat cushions due to standing water damage.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I thought it important I now chime in with Barbie's and my "WARRANTY ITEMS" list, on our beloved 2015:
Here it is ..... ~!

:winkingthumbsup"