• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What's a fair offer?

215Larry

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Marine Max is finally wanting to work a deal after a month of wasting time. They don't want me to buy from their competitor two hours away so wants me to make deal tomorrow. What would a fair offer be on their leftover 2014 215 HO 200hp with single axle trailer and wakeboard tower as only option? It's a 59.5 msrp boat that they said their bottom price was 51.5 till I told them I could get exact boat a year newer on tandem trailer with upgraded stereo for 41k. Would 3k be sufficient for a year of depreciation on a 2 year old boat? I think 38k would be good offer, otherwise I'll just drive north two hours for better boat.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think your better deal is 2 hours north. After all, itll only be 1 year old next season, its got an upgraded stereo, and a better trailer. Plus these guys yanked you around instead of giving you their best price as soon as you walked in looking for a boat.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
This has been a consistent story with a lot of folks. Some dealers are pricing the boat to move, which you have to drive 2.5 hours to get, then when you need service or warranty issues, the local guy gives you the stink eye... Just be aware.... I personally went through it... I would see what the local guy is willing to do for you then decide...

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Im telling you if you don't have a nice sized tow vehicle, you will hate not having the tandem trailer. The Scarab trailers are completely welded together, and have 0 adjustment. The 2015s have some upgrades over the 2014. In the long run, your 2 hour drive will end up worth more. Just make sure you do your research, and sea trial your boat.

215Larry

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
What upgrades will the '14 have over the '15 standard ?

JusFlyinBy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
215 Larry, define what you mean by "Standard '15". In your original post, is the '14 an HO and the '15 a standard 215? That would explain to me the drastic price difference.

If the '15 is an HO as well, then that is your better deal, hands down. That $51k still seems too high. For comparison sakes, when I was shopping around, my dealer was willing to let their 2014 215HO with Stereo upgrade, Docking Lights, Cruise and Trailer Cover go for $48k, without me even negotiating. I just simply asked what the price was. List price of $62k.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A 2.5 hour drive for a better deal is worth it. If you think about it, how often should you go back to the dealer? Hopefully maybe once a year for the oil change and that's only of you don't want to do it yourself. If all goes well with the boat there shouldn't be any warranty repairs and if they are minor things you can fix them yourself. My dealer is only 20 minutes from me but for small stuff it still easier for me to fix it myself and call the dealer and bust his balls that I fixed something under warranty.

215Larry

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
The '14 and '15 are identical except the '15 has upgraded stereo, other than that exact same boat. I meant standard as in differences in the year models like base differences or upgrades. What does the 2015 215 HO come with as base boat that 2014's do not. Both ones I'm comparing are blue 215 HO 200 hp models, only difference is one is 2014 and other 2015 with upgraded stereo. I was told Marine Max has no clue on how to market jet boats and that's why their pricing is so out of wack and they have brand new two year old boats sitting around.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Soon to be brand new 3 year old boats if someone doesn't get a clue soon.

smashedheadcat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
There is no reason not to travel for the better deal. Your local dealer will address warranty concerns just as any authorized scarab/brp dealer would regardless of who you purchased it from.