• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

whats new next year ?

thedon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
what model will be redone for 2024? I have a deposit on a 23 AR 250...hate to get it and then have a lot of features added a few months later if the 25 footers get redesigned. anyone know what is up next or other rumors for August 23?

Thats a long ways off. You can always find a reason to wait for the newest & greatest thing but the issue with that is you will always be waiting. If you already have a 2022, are getting a 2023 and thinking about getting a 2024 depending on features, why not just trade every year and get the latest and greatest.

The ony thing that will be upgraded in 2024 will be the price
I can attest to that.
Had deposit on 22 that I never got and 23 had a nice bump in price for sure.
Is there a significant difference between 22 and 23 to justify that. Most likely not.

Agree with others...with the 250/252/255 series just being redesigned for the 2021 model year, there are unlikely to be major changes any time soon. The only change between the 2023 and 2024 model years for an AR250 is likely to be different exterior color schemes and the inevitable price increase.

Figure there will be a major update to models every 5 years. So nothing really new on 2023 or 2024. Probably looking at 2026/2027 for the AR250 for model updates that are more than the color. The 2023 / 2024 will be the exact same boat as the 2022 but with some hefty price increases.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a redesigned dash (similar to the 22’ boats). Wireless chargers and maybe ballast bags instead of hard tanks on the wake boats. Honestly that’s about it.

Figure there will be a major update to models every 5 years. So nothing really new on 2023 or 2024. Probably looking at 2026/2027 for the AR250 for model updates that are more than the color. The 2023 / 2024 will be the exact same boat as the 2022 but with some hefty price increases.

If history is any indication, Yamaha has gotten almost 10 years out of previous hull designs. With tech updates averaging every 5 years. Technology changes much quicker than that, but Yamaha has not fallen behind too much.

This is way too early to speculate. But 19" series is probably due next. But seeing SVHO motors in more models may be likely, especially in the 22' models.

If history is any indication, Yamaha has gotten almost 10 years out of previous hull designs. With tech updates averaging every 5 years. Technology changes much quicker than that, but Yamaha has not fallen behind too much.

This is way too early to speculate. But 19" series is probably due next. But seeing SVHO motors in more models may be likely, especially in the 22' models.
I would buy a 22 if they had twin 1.8 SVHO's.

Lately they have been running on a 5 year cycle for the most part. I too would agree the 19' is next, then the 25' and then the 22'.

Lately they have been running on a 5 year cycle for the most part. I too would agree the 19' is next, then the 25' and then the 22'.
I hear what you are saying. I'm referring to the base hulls and rotation. 21 and 23' hulls got 5-6 years. second gen 21 and 24 hulls got about 10 years, with some changes to the keel halfway. And now we got 25' and 22' hulls. So yes, enough change to say every 5-6 years, but they kept the naming the same.

Yamaha seems to do this across other product lines as well.

Back