• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Whats the best GPS/Depth finder for a 2019 SX190?

BGODSHALL

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My boat didn't come with a depth finder and that's kinda important in the area i live in. What does everyone recommend for GPS/Depth Finder?

Blue Hawaiian

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
even my boat came with depth finder but hardly use it, specially to this big money compare few hundred dollars investment to avoid problem, i would say depends what you use for, fishing or simply just navigation, I have Huminbird helix gps di . love the big screen !

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you are looking for a full on fish finder/plotter then a Simrad GO5/7 could be a good option.

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
With that Simrad. What maps are available? My issue is I want lakes in and around NC as well as innercoastal down to florida and Florida Keys. Which maps do you have? Would i have to buy extra maps? The map part is more confusing than the GPS part.

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
With that Simrad. What maps are available? My issue is I want lakes in and around NC as well as innercoastal down to florida and Florida Keys. Which maps do you have? Would i have to buy extra maps? The map part is more confusing than the GPS part.
I’m not sure, when I purchased it, I received a free map card, they asked which ones I wanted. Lakes or coastals. I ordered lakes for my region since I don’t go to the ocean. I have been fine using the one that came with it so far. The maps are definitely confusing and I haven’t done a ton of research on them.

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I called Garmin to discuss maps since they own Navionics and even they were confused about exactly which maps would have the innercoastal. Their best cost effective solution was to recommend i buy a rugged waterproof tablet and use the navionics app. I really want something permanently mounted and the smallest waterproof/heatproof tablets are 7". It will become something else i leave in the house.

gndavis

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Actually, Navionics works very well and you can download maps straight to your tablet for any area in which you find yourself. I use it on the intracoastal, the coast and the Cape Fear river on an iPad, for which you can buy a waterproof cover. It is convenient to sit at home and plot your course and then use it on the boat. The Navionics maps are also updated daily.

gndavis

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My boat didn't come with a depth finder and that's kinda important in the area i live in. What does everyone recommend for GPS/Depth Finder?
I have the same problem. Cannot find an answer for just a depth finder.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have the same problem. Cannot find an answer for just a depth finder.
I found this TRANSDUCER for a AR195 it should fit but the price is outrageous $485 and I think you might have to find a way to program the LCD display on the SX for a depth display....I installed a GPS w/Depth finder in about 1.5 hrs for half the price of the transducer. Here's a GPS INSTALL and GPS INSTALL 2 great tutorial for you if you go this route. It's simple and about half the $ plus you get a GPS to use on other waterways. Good Luck !