• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where do you take your 190/195?

ShireRider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’m planning on getting a 195fsh mainly for Lake Erie walleye fishing, but I also want to be able to fish Florida. I know it will be good for the intercostal, but does anyone fish nearshore with their 190/195? This would likely be a week or two each year…. But my little 16’ narrow beam center console is a bit unnerving to take out the channel thanks to the low gunnels.

I’m interested to hear what people do with their boats & whether I’m better off getting into a 210 or 252… the 195 seems to check all the boxes for me.

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Anyone will tell you buy your second boat first, so if you can afford a bigger boat go for it.
But as for using the 190 FHS fishing nearshore or outshore, I do it all the time. Don't like to go out if it's over 2'. Your fuel tank is what would limit you on how far and how long you want to go. It's pretty dry as long as you are less then 2'.
I've had mine for over 6 years 200 hours and no complaints.

ShireRider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Anyone will tell you buy your second boat first, so if you can afford a bigger boat go for it.
But as for using the 190 FHS fishing nearshore or outshore, I do it all the time. Don't like to go out if it's over 2'. Your fuel tank is what would limit you on how far and how long you want to go. It's pretty dry as long as you are less then 2'.
I've had mine for over 6 years 200 hours and no complaints.
I like the “second boat first” advice. Do you think there is a big enough difference between the 190 & 210? I’m looking at the 195 & my sales guy tells me that the pick up with the single 1.8 supercharged engine is noticeably better than the twin 1.0 engines.

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Mine is a 1.8 NA, these 4 cyl engine are bullet proof, change the oil evry season and Spk. Plugs at 100 hours and you are good to go. Im not a big fan of super charge or turbo chargers in a saltwater environment, means more maintenance (200 hour charger rebuilt) more fuel consumption, hoter engine, etc. But that is only my humble opinion, tons of people use them, Mercury uses them on outboards, but I like Keeping simple and easy to fix.
Im a field engineer for a car manufacturer in my state and i deal with enough problems, dont want to spend my off time fixing things on my personal toys.
Going from a 190/195 to a 210 you will gain 2 extra feet, 50 gallon tank (more range) twin engines instead of 1, which is a plus if you plan to go to bimini.
But if you could afford the 252, then that would be the biggest difference.
Im my opinion if i was to upgrade, I would go from 190 to a 252, the 210 would not be enough of an upgrade for me.

ShireRider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Mine is a 1.8 NA, these 4 cyl engine are bullet proof, change the oil evry season and Spk. Plugs at 100 hours and you are good to go. Im not a big fan of super charge or turbo chargers in a saltwater environment, means more maintenance (200 hour charger rebuilt) more fuel consumption, hoter engine, etc. But that is only my humble opinion, tons of people use them, Mercury uses them on outboards, but I like Keeping simple and easy to fix.
Im a field engineer for a car manufacturer in my state and i deal with enough problems, dont want to spend my off time fixing things on my personal toys.
Going from a 190/195 to a 210 you will gain 2 extra feet, 50 gallon tank (more range) twin engines instead of 1, which is a plus if you plan to go to bimini.
But if you could afford the 252, then that would be the biggest difference.
Im my opinion if i was to upgrade, I would go from 190 to a 252, the 210 would not be enough of an upgrade for me.

Thank you for the insight!!

2022 pricing & options was released yesterday & I decided to go with the 210. My wife doesn’t feel like the 195 is much bigger than my current boat, but her eyes bugged out when I mentioned spending $80k on the 252. Coming from a narrow beam 16’ with low gun rails to the 210 will be a huge upgrade as I thought I was going to be lucky to get into an 18-19’ center console at the price I’m at.
My wife does agree that the 252 is a beautiful setup, but being in Ohio with an actual winter, she said just stick with the 210 unless we retire to Florida then worry about a 25’ boat that costs half what we owe on our rental property.

JetSet407

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just seeing your original message. The 190fsh does fine intercoastal and nearshore depending on weather and chop. I have no problems or think twice going out 8 miles or so in fair weather. Be safe, prepared and no your limits.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
There is no 200 hour supercharger rebuild on an SVHO engine, just fyi.

jdbakerucf

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
so here is my personal experience, for whatever that is worth. I had a 195 (SX model not the FSH) and have a friend with a FSH190 that I have been on like a thousand times. both are great boats and do a good job at what they are designed for. the FSH190 is good boat and can fish with the best of them, but like mentioned above, weather conditions and fuel capacity are really your biggest limiting factors on how far out you can venture...

that being said, I now have a FSH210 and while it may only be 2 feet bigger, the boat feels much larger then that. I have taken the boat 25-30 miles offshore several times and it does amazing. My wife/kids loves to go to different sandbars and things and the boat isn't so big that it can't get into really shallow areas, the twin engines do a great job pulling tubers/skiers. For me and my family, jumping up from the 195 series to the 210 was a great decision and really a huge improvement in all areas. the 210 can fit 10 people on the boat comfortably (and I have done that on multiple occasions), and the amount of storage space on the boat is amazing.

My SX195 definitely had a better top speed and after a lucky 13 cone mod it had killer acceleration out of the hole compared to the 210, but I find that the twin engines provide far superior handling and docking capability. these jet boats like to drift or move around a lot, especially if there is a decent current, and I just find the 210 much easier to maneuver, especially at low speed.

I can only imagine that these same features/capabilities (minus the sandbar visits) are all magnified on the FSH 252, but I don't have any personal experience with the 25' series.

the advise above about buying your second boat first is the damn truth... my second boat is definitely the one I should have/wanted to buy first...

ShireRider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
so here is my personal experience, for whatever that is worth. I had a 195 (SX model not the FSH) and have a friend with a FSH190 that I have been on like a thousand times. both are great boats and do a good job at what they are designed for. the FSH190 is good boat and can fish with the best of them, but like mentioned above, weather conditions and fuel capacity are really your biggest limiting factors on how far out you can venture...

that being said, I now have a FSH210 and while it may only be 2 feet bigger, the boat feels much larger then that. I have taken the boat 25-30 miles offshore several times and it does amazing. My wife/kids loves to go to different sandbars and things and the boat isn't so big that it can't get into really shallow areas, the twin engines do a great job pulling tubers/skiers. For me and my family, jumping up from the 195 series to the 210 was a great decision and really a huge improvement in all areas. the 210 can fit 10 people on the boat comfortably (and I have done that on multiple occasions), and the amount of storage space on the boat is amazing.

My SX195 definitely had a better top speed and after a lucky 13 cone mod it had killer acceleration out of the hole compared to the 210, but I find that the twin engines provide far superior handling and docking capability. these jet boats like to drift or move around a lot, especially if there is a decent current, and I just find the 210 much easier to maneuver, especially at low speed.

I can only imagine that these same features/capabilities (minus the sandbar visits) are all magnified on the FSH 252, but I don't have any personal experience with the 25' series.

the advise above about buying your second boat first is the damn truth... my second boat is definitely the one I should have/wanted to buy first...
I just saw this response! Thank you for all the words of wisdom. I am still waiting on my 210fsh & your post has galvanized my resolve. I am really excited for the boat to arrive. That’s actually an understatement. I’m so excited that I’m losing sleep due to anticipation.
I think I missed your reply because 1/6 my family & I had just arrived in Mexico for a winter vacation.

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I whole hearted agree with getting the larger boat if you can. I have a 190 and recently I've been out on a 212 Limited S a few times. Night and day difference. Surprising how much larger and more spacious a 2' longer boat is. The dual 1800's n/a are brutal compared to a single.

Congratulations on the new ride!

NAVYREDMAN

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I take my 195sx to a ship wreck 26 miles offshore all the time to fish. I've been out in 5' short duration waves without much problem. I've had a few large waves crash over the bow a few times and the deck drains the water almost instantly. I wouldn't plan to take it out in rough weather, but it'll handle it if you know how to handle the boat.

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I take mine anywhere she fits!

Especially like mixing it up in the waves.

Epi 48 Halloween Saturday Y.jpg

Epi 52 - Solo Boating.jpg

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good question....Saturday anchored off shore from a model shoot on shore but kept the camera off because of my significant other. She would've rolled with it, she's very cool, but it would have been bad form and truth be told she's very easy on the eyes herself and within arms reach!

ShireRider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well, I got her last Saturday the 28th & I couldn’t be happier!!

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length