• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

where does water come out while on a hose?

thcole

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am doing my oil change now and this is the first time I have ran on a hose. Is water suppose to come out the pee holes or just out the back?

It will all come out the back on the hose

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply. I was scared for a minute

If you have enough water pressure/flow it will come out the pee hole if you rev it up some. I don't have enough at home but at my marina I get some out of the pee holes.

20150512_202736.jpg next question, why does a couple of my spark plugs look like this. 2 of the 8 are like rusted and corroded. Both on one engine next to each other

Is that one season? It is a good idea to lube the plug cap seal with some silicon or dielectric grease to keep the moisture out. I just changed my plugs after 4 seasons and they looked as new as the ones I put in.

With tow valves installed (and shut) you can get the water to come of the pee holes while on the garden hose, just like in the water. Cam.

The coils might not have been pushed down tight to seal out moisture. Do as Cam suggests above.

I assume you hosed your engines off at some point?

I'm not 100% sure but I believe that the 2005 models don't have Coil Over Plugs which help seal out a lot of the moisture that the plugs are subjected to. But it helps to put some dielectric grease on the plug wires and the plugs. Also, changing them annually will help you keep an eye on them.

That is only one year. I change the plugs every spring. I have not hosed down the engines at all. I guess just residual moisture.

Back