• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where is the water port to run a Vortex203 out of the water

Sctt77

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I am going to buy a Vortex203 and want to start it before I buy it. Is port in the engine compartment or in the rear under the swim platform? Thanks

Port is in the upper-left under the swim platform. This video shows it well at 2:20. Right above what he's pointing at with the blue stick.

Also, I should add... do not run the engine out of water, EVEN with water to this port for too long. The official number is 2 min. But almost everyone runs it for less than 1 min. There is very little need to go beyond that.

You also must apply water pressure ONLY if the engine is running. Therefore, you need to follow this order.
1. Turn engine on.
2. Turn on water.
3. Turn off water.
4. Turn off engine.

Otherwise, there's a risk of hydrolocking (getting water inside) the engine.

Back