• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where to put battery charger for 2016 243VRX?

MGrande305

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
2016 243VRX here w/Twin 250s. Where is a good place to mount a battery charger? .I just started shopping for a battery charger, and trying to find a place in the engine compartment for it. I was thinking on the horizontal sill just above the starboard heat exchanger where the starboard battery sits (See photo). I just today measured what looks like I may have about 12" x14" of "lay flat" space there to work with or so (some of that space being under one of the hoses, so it may touch that a bit). Plus there are some screws in that sill already for some hose clamps, so that tells me it's cool to put screws in it. If that location won't work, then I was also thinking maybe under the port or starboard flip-up aft seats, but I think the ballast bags will be an issue when full. Also in terms of the battery charger itself, I was thinking getting the "Noco genius genpro 10x2 20 amp 2 bank charger. Is 20 amps overkill for running the music system all day at the marina without running the engine?(with the battery charger plugged into dock power). Thanks in Advance.Starboard Battery Sill.jpg