• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where to source a 120 carburetor?

ekuest

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
My boat mechanic said the part of the carb body where the needle is supposed to sit is corroded and leaking by. He says the only way to fix it is to replace the whole carb, can't be machined or anything but the part is no longer sold. Can anyone point me to where to buy a lower carburetor and also chime in on if this makes sense? Oh, and I think it's like a 1994 or so. Thanks!

Blkrvrbart

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
@Quadridermx might have your carbs. The sport jet 175 and 210 use the same carbs if I remember correctly, they are just jetted differently. @Bilmon might have a lead. You might become a member on the sugar sand Facebook page and ask the question there, too.

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Better double check what engine you have. The 95 Mirage had a 120hp motor which was based on a 4 cylinder Force outboard powerhead. The 210 is a v6 that I believe came out in 2000 and I don't think was ever used in the small Mirage. If a 120 you will likely have to find used carb , one from a outboard should also work.

ekuest

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Better double check what engine you have. The 95 Mirage had a 120hp motor which was based on a 4 cylinder Force outboard powerhead. The 210 is a v6 that I believe came out in 2000 and I don't think was ever used in the small Mirage. If a 120 you will likely have to find used carb , one from a outboard should also work.
Yes you're absolutely right, it's the 120. My mistake. Ok so do you have any pointers for where to look? I'll try posting on the Facebook group, but I dont see any anywhere online, even ebay. If I cant find it can I replace both carbs with matching different models or am I totally SOL?

Or, if anyone is local to Seattle and wants to take it off my hands, I paid $3k and have almost $2k into it, but will sell for $2k I guess. Have taken it out twice in the last few months and it's in pretty decent shape other than this carb.

ekuest

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Hm, while we're on the subject... What should I do with the hull if the engine's a write-off? Hopefully I can part out the parts that aren't busted to some of you good folks on here, but is it a terribly stupid idea to think about hanging an outboard off the back somehow? Or are there engines that can be swapped in that are a good fit and not more expensive to install than would be silly for a $3k boat? I feel like any engine swap will be at least $5k which just doesnt make sense for this boat.

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length

Stevenp63

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
My boat mechanic said the part of the carb body where the needle is supposed to sit is corroded and leaking by. He says the only way to fix it is to replace the whole carb, can't be machined or anything but the part is no longer sold. Can anyone point me to where to buy a lower carburetor and also chime in on if this makes sense? Oh, and I think it's like a 1994 or so. Thanks!
I have ton of parts 4 Carbs