• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Which amp would you buy??

Bananas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I been reading all the posts on the site and JL is the best.. The one below is priced right What do you guys think?

JL Audio HX280/4 aterproof 4 ch. Amplifier

https://www.amazon.com/JL-Audio-Motorcycle-Waterproof-Amplifier/dp/B012ZNVTKO/ref=pd_ybh_a_6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=S0DQ0C54720MGVDBCMRZ

Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 Punch BRT 300-Watt Ultra Compact 4-Channel Amplifier

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004T163SY/?coliid=I1TXT2LUZNMBEB&colid=18MK8ZYXR1VC7&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Clarion XC2510 700W Peak Ultra Compact 5/4/3 Channel XC Series Micro Class D Marine Amplifier

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S7G1UCQ/?coliid=I116LDGDRW9INH&colid=18MK8ZYXR1VC7&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
The RF puts out nice power but seems a little larger. I would toss in the Kicker PXA300.4 into the mix. I believe it is the smallest of all of them. I run 4 of them and love them.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What do you plan to push with the amp

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It looks like the Rockford amp may not be 2 ohm stable if it’s not it would be out for me. The other two would prob do fine. If I were doing this I would go ahead and get 6 speakers to add 2 at mid cabin near the driver and passenger and run the rear line in 2 ohm to power them. The difference with mid cab speakers is night and day.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just bought the clarion XC2512 and a clarion IB sub speaker. I'll probably install them this weekend with maybe a set of mid-cabin 6.5's.

Bananas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I watch a few dyno's and the JL amp was the best. Amp and speakers ordered!!!