• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Which cover to get

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I currently have a sunbrella strap down cover on one of my boats that I love its quality but hate putting it on lol. Should I get the same cove for a 24ft yamaha or just get one of the factory ones? The protection that my Sunbrella cover provides is awesome. I remember one time coming back to my boat that is stored outside on the trailer in March and I guess after not being there in a month and one of the poles to help it drain had fallen and there was most a foot of water pooled in the cover across half of the boat. I bailed it out with a bucket and was floored that the boat was still dry inside when I got the cover off.

When my factory mooring cover fails, hopefully not anytime soon, I plan on have a sunbrella made for my boat. My previous boat sat outside for the 16 years we had it under a sunbrella cover that I purchased when I got my boat. Other that a tear that I caused the cover still looked new. Sunbrella's great on strength and durability to the sun, the waterproofing comes from whatever spray is put on the fabric. To keep my old sunbrella cover waterproof every couple of years after cleaning the cover I would spray it with 303 Fabric Guard.

418bFiOK0DL._SX425_.jpg

Back