• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Which feature on the 2015 242 limited interests you most?

Which feature on the 2015 242 limited interests you most?

• Articulating Keel

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • Quiet Cruise

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • Connext touch screen

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • colors

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • freeboard changes

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Hinged seats

Votes: 18 25.0%

• Total voters

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I chose the keel. But the hinged seats have always been a big deal to me.
Not having them while most boats around me do just pisses me off.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hope this isn't considered heresy but I don't want the keel or rudder on my next boat. I will take the high speed spins over low speed handling.
AMEN bro!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I hope to be on a 2015 next week to confirm my feelings on that subject, also. Right now I am comfortable making my boat dance and I fear the rudder may take something away. I think I can answer those fears next week.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is too cool @buckbuck . let us know.

Charles

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
As a first time boat owner, and an owner of a 2015 LS, when I was looking at the '15 vs '14, The keel and Quietride are what initially sold me on getting the '15....but now that I have her, I couldn't imagine life without the hinged seats. Keel or Fins, drivability can be addressed... Sound? Well, underway, we don't do as much talking as one might think, so yeah, it's quieter, which is nice, but I spent 12 hours on the water this past weekend, and only put 4.5 hours on the engines...and a lot was at lower speeds.

But the seats...you don't realize how often your in and out of them. snorkeling gear, drinks, tackle, life vests, etc, etc, etc...

So as a new '15 LS owner, I now appreciate the hinged seats most of all.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I hope to be on a 2015 next week to confirm my feelings on that subject, also. Right now I am comfortable making my boat dance and I fear the rudder may take something away. I think I can answer those fears next week.
Me too brother. I hope to be on one next week as well......................