• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

White noise in speakers

Skeeter456

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
so the other day i put in four 6.5 kickers, a pyle amp, and a pyle deck. Now I will randomly get white noise only on the right side speakers both front and back. It doesnt do it all the time but enough to annoy the hell out of me. I was told my ground wire might be to thick, i had to use 2 ga (all the store had) anyone have any suggestions? I also have it grounded to my alternator.

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
2 GA is overkill for 4 deck speakers but it will help with long run resistance because of a larger cross section of wires. In car audio you want to use the shortest ground length possible and keep power and ground away from RCA's. Ideally you don't want a ground longer than 12" as you can pick up signal noise but that's near impossible for a boat since the battery is far away so making sure RCA's and inputs are not running along side the power and ground is important. Remember that the longer the wire the more resistance. If you have excess wire remove it.

Skeeter456

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My wires are trimmed but could it also be a bad ground? Where would the best ground be? It gets louder with more rpm’s.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ground from the battery.