• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Who here does thier own shrink wrap?

Whiskey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm starting to get together a DIY shrink wrap kit for when winter comes around. Does anyone here shrink wrap the boat themselves?

We have a 2005 SX230 with a Samson tower and I'm trying to learn the best way to shrink wrap a Yamaha with a wake board tower. I did some searches but didn't see anything detailed.

Questions:
Do I go over the wake board tower with the wrap? If not how to cut around it with out leaks?

Can I use the mooring cover poles with the wrap or should I use 2x4's?

Where did you get your wraping supplies,heat gun and odds and ends for the job? Is one company better to go through than another?

Thanks for any info.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Back when I lived in the frigid north this is how a pro did it. 2x4 verticals with 2x6 feet with carpet remnants in between feet and seadek. Straping for the long center screwed into the tops of the 2x4s. If you use a small turkey torch instead of a pro gun be very careful not to burn it. I considered diy with a small turkey torch with a diy diffuser/glame arrestor but moved south before I went that route. For the one winter this boat was up north this over the tower setup worked excellent. The vents worked well with no moisture when I took it off and it shed snow very easy. The cinder blocks kept the tires from sinking into the ground when the melt came.

My opinion on the easiest diy option is to move south. My winterzation is putting her on the trailer, blowing out the water boxes and filling her with stabil mixed fuel before the run to the ramp/trailer. Of course general mechanical upkeep and detailing before putting on the shipping cover and running to the storage yard. That is in November after I went wakeboarding on Veteran’s day. In March, mods, mechanical upkeep, detail. Then drop in for the season.

I never want to see this again.
0FAC53C3-D734-4E4F-8D79-761E74A5E8F3.jpeg

bumpy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I re-used mine for 6 years; when the installer first put it on he used straps from my tower to the bow, the cleats front and back, and the center of the swim platform (strap between rear tie downs). There were no other supports. I used straps to re-install for the next 5 years, and finally threw the shrink away this spring. I'm in the same boat as you for this fall, but I'll worry about it then!