• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Why aren't you boating? (A place to brag or vent)

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well, the past 10 days or so over the holidays have been a total bust. The 4 days of rain, could have been over a foot of snow if we had been 5-10 degrees cooler. Instead it killed the ice on the lake in very strategic areas (getting on and off the ice)

So Monday was my last day off, and I had to get out. I could not get to the main lake due to thin ice, but did fish my bay. And yes, they were waiting for me. Check out how many fish were below me checking out my two lines.

Only got one Largemouth up, but it was a great place to sit and have a beer.

1704293376354.png
1704293388766.png

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We have finally hit that magical time of 9"+ of ice. The time when the General hits the ice and does it's first power slide 4WD cookies! Woo woo!

It's always unnerving making that first roll onto the lake. Our end of the lake is hardly ever visited in the winter. So there are no tracks, or sign of anyone to give you the impression the ice is safe. Just walking and drilling holes.

Game on, time for the skid house to go out!

1704725553862.png

Clouds of crappie off to the right on Livescope

1704725579442.png

1704725597992.png
1704725613065.png

and a stray Walleye!
1704725642349.png

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have finally hit that magical time of 9"+ of ice. The time when the General hits the ice and does it's first power slide 4WD cookies! Woo woo!

It's always unnerving making that first roll onto the lake. Our end of the lake is hardly ever visited in the winter. So there are no tracks, or sign of anyone to give you the impression the ice is safe. Just walking and drilling holes.

View attachment 213464

View attachment 213465

View attachment 213466
View attachment 213467

and a stray Walleye!
View attachment 213468
Them's good eatin!

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length

View attachment 213464

View attachment 213465

View attachment 213466
View attachment 213467

and a stray Walleye!
View attachment 213468
Pretty good size crappie.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
....celebrating 9" of lake ice....hmmmm......
For sure, cuz tweener season sucks! I either want to be in the water, or on the water. But this late winter has been horrible. Can't boat and can't snowmobile. We are finally getting snow and ice. If a person doesn't like snow and ice, they need to move. We have learned to enjoy it.

And we appreciate summer much more when it is taken away from us.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It’s a sad day pulling the fish house off. 15” of good ice, but my landing is showing signs of weakness.

Beautiful sunsets and looking forward to more nights fishing still. And possibly dragging it back out for a few more happy hours after it cools off again. Winter ain’t over!

1706887088082.png
1706887100608.png
1706887110734.png
1706887120543.png

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
t’s a sad day pulling the fish house off. 15” of good ice, but my landing is showing signs of weakness.

Beautiful sunsets and looking forward to more nights fishing still. And possibly dragging it back out for a few more happy hours after it cools off again. Winter ain’t over!

View attachment 214428
View attachment 214429
View attachment 214430
View attachment 214431
Sucks for my future plans too, supposedly 8" of ice on the south side of Poygan, with another week of dynamite weather likely to put a dent into Sturgeon season, possibly wiping out much of a chance for success. On the plus side, there was talk last year about putting a moratorium on sturgeon, or severely limiting the catch, for a 2-3 year period. This lack of ice seems like it's going to make that unnecessary, so....yay?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well, the first and last day of snowmobile season in my region.

I finally put my foot down, gave up on friends that have given up on the season, hitched up the trailer and drove East until there was enough to drop my sled and ride. 55 miles on the day. Great snow overall, no grooming, but fresh tracks in most places.

After putting on a new track, new carbides and all new steering bushings, it was beyond past due for a shakedown run on the old trail tank. I didn't edit any video, but I literally could hear myself giggling in my helmet after few hard pulls while mashing the loud hammer!

1712068020918.png
1712068059959.png
1712068074798.png

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, the first and last day of snowmobile season in my region.

I finally put my foot down, gave up on friends that have given up on the season, hitched up the trailer and drove East until there was enough to drop my sled and ride. 55 miles on the day. Great snow overall, no grooming, but fresh tracks in most places.

After putting on a new track, new carbides and all new steering bushings, it was beyond past due for a shakedown run on the old trail tank. I didn't edit any video, but I literally could hear myself giggling in my helmet after few hard pulls while mashing the loud hammer!
I was wondering last week if you had gotten anything worthwhile, as it was snowing in Rhinelander pretty good when I was working up there. Supposedly 2-ish inches, and I think you guys got more a bit West of there.

Aaaaaand it's gone 😄. Any traces of it around us have been wiped out by the rain, but folks still forget the temps AND rain are a deadly combo, with 5+ cars I saw yesterday in ditches and/or flipped.

Stay safe, glad to hear about you making the most of what you got

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ya, we got around 5-7" in Otter Tail county, but 20" was forecasted to the East of us. They got around 10" or so 50 miles away. The North Shore got drilled with nearly 2 ft in many places.

It's all too ironic getting ridable snow when most of the gates are closed and the trails were shut down to keep the SXS's from ripping it up.

What can I say, Tweener Season