• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Why I am one of the last to pull my boat for the winter

treeskier

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SE
Boat Length
We are always the last in first out of our indoor storage facility (they keep me by the door). Here is the reason why....seriously October 24th....

4983D576-479D-4816-A76D-8C44325728F4.jpeg

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Looks like a crisp fall day. Beautiful! Enjoy (I would - especially today!)

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Looks like boating weather to me. We're headed out tomorrow for a 2hr ride upriver for lunch if the incoming rain holds off long enough.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It makes no sense to me either....

I’m usually the last to come out of my lake too. There are a few that pull them out on Labor Day... and I have no idea why.

My favorite month on the boat is always September, with October being a close second.

treeskier

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SE
Boat Length
Same here ..i was wakeboarding with a wetsuit on the 19th and went to lunch on it on the 21st
@Jeel I was actually up that way last weekend Saturday was gorgeous. My girlfriends adult son ended up with our old Yamaha, he lives in Rumson, NJ a little north of you but not too far. We have used it many times on the Shrewsbury and Navasink rivers...nice area.

Last edited:

Jeel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jeel I was actually up that way last weekend Saturday was gorgeous. My girlfriends adult son ended up with our old Yamaha, he lives in Rumson, NJ a little north of you but not too far. We have used it many times on the Shrewsbury and Navasink rivers...nice area.
@treeskier those rivers can get pretty busy on the weekends

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just pulled the pier out yesterday. Boat lift came out a week and a half ago ago, but I hired someone for that. The water is now under 40 degrees, I think next year I’ll get some waders.

I’ve never understood the people who put their boat in Memorial Day Weekend and take it out Labor Day Weekend, but those are also usually the people that only come up north a few times a summer, seems like a waste of money to me.

September is almost always the best month of boating, this year August and September had below average temperatures, but other years the lakes have stayed in the mud to upper 70s for most of the month. October was rainy, so we only got out once before we had to pull the boat.

treeskier

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SE
Boat Length