• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Will it fit

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
can anyone with a 192/190 tell me if it will fit on the trailer in a standard 83" garage. My neighbors 2016 192 with the tower down would not fit!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you try the caster wheel trick with your neighbors boat?

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We lowered everything including the tires... Even as far as taking off the new top nought light.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One thing that guys have done in the past is to fold the tongue and use a floor jack to lower the tongue down onto a caster wheel mounted to the frame of the trailer and push the boat in from there. But I'm not sure if anybody's tried it on a 19'er.

Russ C

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It should fit,

I fold the tower all the way to the seat (this will gain you a little space) using towels on the seat so it doesn't damage them.

I then fold the tongue and lower it as low as it will go on a floor jack, instead of a caster I put a pin on the floor jack the goes through one of the hole on the swinging tongue bracket to hold it in place and just roll it on the floor jack.

I then release the garage door from the electric door opener and pull it up the last two inches, most electric garage door openers still have the door hang down about 2 inches and have a release where it connects to the track. I secure the garage door temporarily with a ratchet strap so it doesn't slip back down.

It will then barely slide under the door, and I mean barely like a 1/4 of an inch.

Once it in the garage raise the tower back to the storage brackets so it doesn't leave indents in seat and put the tongue back to normal height. I could have always gained more by letting some air out of the tires but it was not necessary.

Believe it or not with practice this can be done in about 15 minutes.

This year I got a slip with a lift:)

Feel free to ask questions I might have pictures.

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Russ C thanks! I also got a lift at our marina this year but I have a whole room of goodies I want to put on the boat before I put on the lift, and the HOA won't allow boat in the driveway at all.

Russ C

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Understood I deal with the same thing

ruztew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
mine fits (sx190), i've found that if i disconnect the door track from the opener I can squeeze another inch or two of opening height... my garage is a bit too shallow and I have to caddy-corner it to get the door shut.

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the heads up all, it ended up fitting using the floor jack method and lowering the tower all the way. I couldn't use the J supports for the tower or my door will clip it on the way down.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the heads up all, it ended up fitting using the floor jack method and lowering the tower all the way. I couldn't use the J supports for the tower or my door will clip it on the way down.
That's great @paratrooper39 glad that you got it in there.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Are you saying you got your 2015 to fit or that you got your friends 2016 with the new tower to fit in a 83' garage using a floor jack? Does the new tower have a stop or something that can be removed to allow it to sit further in the boat?

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@haknslash - yes, we were able to fit our 2015 in our 83" opening. That said, I just spoke with a friend of mine who also purchased a 15 and his was unable to fit because the angle of his drive slopped steeply into the garage, make the point of attack too great. We were never able to get my neighbors 2016 inside of the same garage, the tower simply will not lower enough to allow it.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@haknslashWe were never able to get my neighbors 2016 inside of the same garage, the tower simply will not lower enough to allow it.
Thanks for chiming in!

Were you guys able to trying using a floor jack on his 2016? Reason I ask is in this thread https://jetboaters.net/threads/sx-ar-192-trailer-height.8670/ a memeber says he gets 85" to the top of the tower (not including the tow light / pole) but that is not with the trailer as low as it can go. I'm wondering if I use swing the tongue out of the way, flip up the trailer wheel jack out of the way, lower trailer onto floor jack, remove tow light / pole and deflate tires if that will get me in. My driveway is not at an angle and is flat going into the garage.

Do you know if the cables can be removed from the tower temporarily to allow it to sit into the boat until I'm in the garage and then reconnect the tower cables? From my understanding, the cables are what make the tower stop folding at a certain angle.

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@haknslash yes on the 2016 if we would have removed the tower light completely we could have made it work. That being said it took all of the additional steps you mentioned to get close and then you will need to fully remove the light. This particular friends better half was not about to allow any modification to the brand new boat lol. All that said, now I'm likely going to sell mine and move on, the 192 is just too under powered for 5+ adults (I should have paid closer attention to other posts)

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@paratrooper39 ok so it is doable sounds like. My salesman just texted me and he said it should fit based off the measurements they took in a customers AR192. I told him to call me so I can figure out what all they had to do to make it fit.

As for the 192, I hear ya. I really wanted the 212X or even an SS but funds don't really allow for it plus it would have to fit in my garage due to HOA and no way either of those boats would fit since the 192 is going to be tight as it is. Most of the time it will just be my wife, our 6 year old daughter and myself so we should be good 90% of the time. I plan to try and hold onto it until we move into a larger home in a few years and then upgrade to a 21'. One thing is certain, I will make sure my next gone has the room for at least a 24' boat. Preferably a detached garage or barn and no stinking HOA.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ok I just spoke with the salesman and he says I should be able to make it fit based off the Yamaha spec sheet he has. He also said f it doesn't fit they will work something out (my guess is SX192 swap + some goodies thrown in). He then said there are some pins on the tower which can be removed allowing the tower to "slide forward and a bit downward". Do you recall seeing these pins?

The salesman is actually off today and once he told me he got those numbers from a spec sheet I called into the dealer and spoke with Randy the owner. Randy said he would have a tech use a 2016 AR190 they have on the lot for checking dimensions. I told my salesman to go ahead with picking up the boat and we will just go from there since he said they will work with me if it doesn't fit. Might as well try it. I really hope it fits and if @paratrooper39 thinks I'll clear with unscrewing the light then I'm good to go. Just to confirm is the light / tow pole bolted or thread into the tower? I assume threaded.

Last edited:

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would think that you could "find an extra inch" in height by either working on the suspension or possibly dropping the bunks down a bit. It would probably require some cutting and welding, but I would think something could be done.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I would think that you could "find an extra inch" in height by either working on the suspension or possibly dropping the bunks down a bit. It would probably require some cutting and welding, but I would think something could be done.
Where there's a will there's a way right? :winkingthumbsup"

I go Friday to pick it up!