• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Window strap

Traver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can’t find the strap that attaches to the corner of the window. The snap pulled out of the hull. Where do I get a replacement? 2012 AR240A5171077-2ABF-4EDB-B1EF-C5FA19D757F4.jpeg

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I got one on amazon.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
F1C-U1543-00-00 is the part number for your boat - find the cheapest place.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For some reason, there seems to be some kind of run on these; I purchased a replacement a few years ago for <$10. Now they're going for crazy high prices. Suggest making your own and saving some bucks.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Get a button kit, some strapping(small ratchet strap material), heat a larger screwdriver shank and melt holes in it, install button snaps, done. Plus you'll have a button kit for doing any repairs on covers, seats or anything else you can think of.

Traver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks. I’ll try that. Do I have to do anything to the cut ends of the strap material to prevent fraying? Do you know what size screw in snap goes in the hull?

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks. I’ll try that. Do I have to do anything to the cut ends of the strap material to prevent fraying? Do you know what size screw in snap goes in the hull?
A lighter like @mark_m said. It will just melt it together & keep it from fraying