• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Winter Haven Chain of Lakes on 3/30/14

JWPrendergast

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
If anyone is in the area, my fiancee and I will be in the winter haven chain of lakes today. We'll put in on Lake Ship (William G. Roe Park). There is also a small boaters meet up group that will be out on the chain today. Just figured I'd put it out there.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I'm gonna take a wild guess and assume you're not talking about the Chain of Lakes in Illinois....
Although, it IS supposed to be upper 50's today! Gonna wash cars and clean out garage to get ready to take boat out!

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Definitely not the Chain of Lakes in Illinois unless they are snowmobiling. Looks like we still have a week or two for the ice to break up. The ice was blue (does that for a about a week before the ice goes) yesterday but it was cold enough overnight to turn the ice back white last night. I'm looking out at Marie though and that is one of the northern lakes. It sounds like the furthest south lake, Pistakee is half open and the river is flowing ice free.

WP_20140330_001.jpg

Joshb723

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Two events coming up in May and June. Thought i would post it here since it's on the winter haven chain. @Vedner19 @JWPrendergast though y'all may be interested. We will probably be out there for the June 7th event. image.jpgimage.jpg

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Is this the Harris chain of lakes?

Joshb723

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
No, it's in winter haven bout an hour and a half south of the Harris chain.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
ok...might be a little further than I figured...thx

JWPrendergast

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Sounds fun! ill probably make it to flotilla

Joshb723

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Supposed to be a pretty good band playing on a huge floating barge.

Bacchus_fl

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey Josh! I know you told me about this site along time ago but I'm just now finding my way here. Obviously not in time for these two events in winter have though. Thanks for the heads up the site is great!

Maybe next time we can make the winter have run. I haven't been in the chain since I was a kid. We should try to set something up for the Conway chain in Orlando or a silver glen run on the St. John's by me.

I am seeing more and more yami's around here. If they aren't apart of this forum we need to get them on board! :)

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@Bacchus_fl welcome to the site! where are you located? If you list it in your profile it will place you on the map.

Bacchus_fl

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks Zarrella! I have added my location. I actually live in debary on the St. John's but most people wouldn't recognize the city so I listed that I'm in Orlando which is only about 20min down the road. Ink am willing to trailer almost anywhere but primarily boat on the river and then when weather is decent will go out to disappearing island in New Smyrna/ Daytona area on Saturdays.

Thanks for the info Andy! I placed an order for the stickers and will be promoting the site through them as soon as they come in. I like the idea of the footballs but most of the boats I see are from a distance or in passing. So the only way to get them the ball would be to drive up to them. I am sure most would be fine with that but I feel like I'd be intruding on their day and I'm not that kinda guy. However anybody who owns one of these boats is absolutely missing out by not being apart of this forum. I have learned more about this boat and done more mods than any other boat I've owned, solely becuase of the astonishing amount of knowledge and ingenuity our fellow Yami owners have and openly share here!

If anybody is ever in my area feel free to reach out and we can meet up!

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am building a new house on the winter haven chain. We should be closing in July. There is another flotilla for 2015 i am gonna try and attend.

Bacchus_fl

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats on the new house!

When is the floatilla? I will do my best to make it. I have allot of friend and family in the area and could probably gather a few more boats. Would be a fun weekend!

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
June 20, 2015 on Lake Eloise 11am-4pm, hundreds of boats, kayaks, paddleboards, seaplanes, jet' skies and paddleboats will assemble to take part in the Chain Life Winter Haven Flotilla. Enjoy a FREE live concert in the middle of the lake in the FLA sun!
http://www.chainlifewinterhaven.com/the-flotilla/
I am on Lake Conine. Their is a new lock system joining the north to the south lakes.

Joshb723

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
My wife and may make it to the flotilla too. I haven't decided yet though. The boat ramps are literally insane. There's not enough Ramps on the chain and parking is terrible. Although with the water up as high as it is right now, may be able to try one of the ramps on lake Howard and just go through the canals.

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There are many ramps. You can put in on Lake conine and its always empty then go thru the new locks to the south lakes. Thats my plan.