• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Winter Storage: 21ft (SX210) in 7ft Garage

Carlosralph

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I decided to try and store my 2021 SX210 in my garage for this winter (Finger Lakes region of NY can be cold and snowy and I wanted to have access to the boat during the winter). Thanks to everyone on the forum that has already posted much of the information I used to help make this work. I had a few friends come over yesterday and help me weasel the boat into my garage with a 7ft door height. I just wanted to share what I did in case it helps anyone else.

1.) First I removed the front wheels from the trailer and backed the boat into the garage until the rear wheels were fully on the concrete and I could chock them.
2.) I then unhooked the trailer from my vehicle, folded the tongue, and used a floor jack to lower the tongue down onto a caster wheel that I had installed (https://www.lowes.com/pd/Waxman-5-Rubber-Swivel-Caster/3102521). That got me most of the way there, but my driveway slopes away from the house so the clearance to get it in the garage was still going to be tight (but likely would have worked).
3.) I placed vehicle dollies under the front trailer axle (1500 lb. Capacity Vehicle Dollies 2 Pc) to provide support and avoid scraping my garage floor.
4.) Next we jacked up the back of the trailer and removed the rear wheels and put another set of dollies under that axle. I'm not convinced this was necessary to clear the door, but made it much easier to move the boat in the garage. This might help get extra clearance for those of you with folded towers.
5.) With two buddies pushing on the front and another guiding the rear, the boat rolled into the garage surprisingly smoothly and we pushed it up against the wall to its winter home.

I wet slip in the finger lakes during the summer so I'll only be doing this for winter storage. Obviously this is a lot of work if you're frequently trailering. Feel free to critique/add suggestions in the comments. Hopefully this can help out some others trying to store for the winter.
1.JPG
2.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG

maybe you could have left the rear tires on and dropped the air pressure down to give you a few more inches. something to try next year.

another option since you were pushing it in manually would be to remove the front tires and bring it in bow first since the windshield seems to be the hight point?

Or my personal favorite that works all the time, which is to pay to store it. ;)

maybe you could have left the rear tires on and dropped the air pressure down to give you a few more inches. something to try next year.

another option since you were pushing it in manually would be to remove the front tires and bring it in bow first since the windshield seems to be the hight point?

Or my personal favorite that works all the time, which is to pay to store it. ;)
The original plan was to leave the rear tires on, but we ended up putting it all on dollies for the maneuverability once in the garage. I like the idea of bow first. This year I was up for the challenge of getting it in the garage just to prove I could do it…we’ll see if paying for storage wins out next year ?

Great job getting it in there. Looks like you have plenty of depth, that is what I’m missing to get my 24’ boat in the garage.
Yeah, I have about 23’ of depth so it was tight, but there’s a little wiggle room.

Might work for me, except my HOA won’t allow it…sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do…my back hurts thinking about it

Might work for me, except my HOA won’t allow it…sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do…my back hurts thinking about it
How would they know once it is in the garage? Throw up a couple of sheets to block the view.

How would they know once it is in the garage? Throw up a couple of sheets to block the view.
Unfortunately, there are a lot of old geezers here that have nothing better to do than mind everyones business…(snitches)

WOW!! that's some HOA never heard of one that controlled what vehicle was parked in you garage. Yakes!!!!

WOW!! that's some HOA never heard of one that controlled what vehicle was parked in you garage. Yakes!!!!
You can park your RV or boat at your home for 48 hours, but you're not supposed to do any repairs/maintenance on it. LOL....I break that FN rule all the time

Back