• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Winter storage

TommyB

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I will be storing my 2018 FSH for the first time this year in Maryland. Any tips or suggestions?

Still debating on having it wrapped or just using the Yamaha cover.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The UV rays deteriorate the cover I’m not sure about the premium black cover but the grey cover in heavy rain let’s a mist of water in and the seams leak . In NY the snow is an issue it sticks to the cover we had a 30” snowstorm the year I left it with the mooring cover I chased the storm north for some snowboarding . The storm shifted south my wife’s description it looks like a soufflé I came home to about 400 lbs of frozen slush ice and snow . Never again I will always wrap it still debating getting an enclosure all the money spent on wrapping could have been applied to a nice enclosure

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
DampRid Absorbers, each seat/door slightly ajar and the OEM cover has worked well for me. Your cover may take some additional wear, but I believe the breathable/ventilation benefit of the OEM cover has mold/moisture reduction benefits for the lengthy storage period.

j_shoe99

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Mine will be inside a 12x25ft storage unit in a couple weeks, after winterizing(with RV antifreeze) and an oil change. I'll pull the batteries, open the hatches slightly, and install the Black mooring cover.

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can attest to trying to save your cover. My boat says out in the sun and I’m lucky to get 3 seasons out of a cover. I say wrap it.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I store mine in an unheated building. But use the white shipping cover for winter storage. Also add a couple damp rid tubs .

Shady28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone else use their Shipping Cover for winter storage. Looking to use it indoors (non-heated) and thought it was better than using our normal cover (bird crap, dust) and better protection from other things possibly being moved around in someone else's pole barn.

They're felt lined cover further to ground, any concerns on moisture or mice access? Still debating traps or poison in addition to moisture out stuff and dryer sheets.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Have used the storage cover now for 3 years. I do have a full OEM cover but like you mentioned I'd rather have the birds crap on the trailer cover than my nice new black mooring cover. However I never get any birds in my building :) But you never know.

amccoy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was thinking of using a pool cover over my 242 while stored inside. Probably over the factory cover. My biggest concern is getting a mouse (or mice) in my boat. I doubt any cover can keep that from happening.