• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Winterization: Remove Bimini!

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got a little comfortable in my winterization this past season end. I leave my bimini on the boat. Bad move. Lots of rain and severe cold this winter. My bimini poles fill with water evidently and while I have not found a split I did see where the extreme hydraulic pressure from the expanding ice overpowered my "ball catch"(what is the actual name?)on the starboard side trapping the ball under the outer tube as it pushed the inner tube about 3". Creasing the tube.. These are Stainless steel. Ice is bad ass.
I am pretty sure I can just rotate my inner tube and drill a hole on the other side. They over lap a good bit. I do need a new ball catch. Does anyone know the proper nomenclature for the piece.
So remember. No Shortcuts on winterization.IMG_20140323_095202_597.jpg

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't, but I would go to http://www.partspak.com and look at the breakouts there. Even if you don't wind up buying from there, the breakout diagram and parts listing will give you the proper name and part number.