• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Winterization ?

Jim Davis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
For the motors with Super charger do you still spray fogging oil through the intake or just spray it when changing plugs? Don't have the MX manual for 255 yet and I've never messed with the SHVO motors. Thanks for the replies in advance.

I do not have a Super/charger fogging an engine is to lube the rings so they don't corrode and stick the the cyl wall causing a broken ring on start up. Personally removing sparks plugs and spraying oil into the cylinders is a much better way to lube the rings............just put the plugs back in and call it a day.

Beautiful boat BTW........... Just out of curiosity how well does the Super charged SVHO move that boat.

Yep what @David Martin said - its hard on the sensors in the intake. To expand on this, I think attempting to get some fogging oil sloshed up on the valves is beneficial too so I always pull the lanyard and turn the engine over a few times after spraying the cylinders. And I'll further note, even though some do still fog through the intake... the super charged engines are an exception to that method - I've heard that you should never fog a super charged engine through the intake.

Thank you for the replies gentleman. And I will take the advice.

David the boat moves out pretty good. The hole shot is good and if your on plane and hammer it the acceleration is impressive. At least to me it feels pretty great. Top speed is 55 with maybe a little left if I was to let it run wide open longer.

Thanks again.

Wow that great speed for a boat that size and as well appointed as it is. Tower,extra nice seats and the like add weight.......Love it.

Back