• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Winterizing 2018 SX190

rayg1022

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So all this necessary if I live California for one and two if my boat only has like maybe 25 to 30 hours or so?

Do you live in NORCAL or SOCAL? If it's gonna freeze where you're at it's highly recommended...be a shame if your new boat's engine with 30 hrs on it froze and cracked....We live in SW FL and don't have to worry about this but if it did freeze or stay cold for an extended period here I'd be doing it.

I'm in southern Ca

Technically you don't have winter there. ;-)
But if you're going to park it for an extended period of time you might want to put in the fuel stabilizer, use battery tender, etc.

BTW not sure if I would trust that video. The guy doesn't even know how to pronounce sta-bil. :cat:

Technically you don't have winter there. ;-)
But if you're going to park it for an extended period of time you might want to put in the fuel stabilizer, use battery tender, etc.

BTW not sure if I would trust that video. The guy doesn't even know how to pronounce sta-bil. :cat:

So if I use the boat through the winter for the fishing season etc do I still need to use sta-bil or do anything else etc?

Just regular maintenance I would expect. If you're using ethanol gasoline you should be using a fuel additive regularly as the user manual recommends.
There are various opinions about this but the manual recommends Yamalube ring free.

Back