• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Winterizing in MA

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice. Thanks BigT. I ended up pulling the trigger on a 20x30 ft 14mil Thick tarp I found on Amazon. I am hopeful it is long enough but based on your pic I think it should be good. I grabbed some bungy's, large bubble bubble wrap, and a roll of clear stretch wrap. My goal is to wrap the tower and speakers in bubblewrap and secure with the clear stretch wrap. Then go completely over the boat and as much of the trailer as I can and secure with bungees. I was considering buying some shock cord and tying instead of bungees but figured I could make that call later. I am probably thinking way too deeply into this LOL

HydraTarp 20ft X 30ft Heavy Duty Waterproof Tarp - 14mil Thick - White/Brown Reversible Tarp - - Amazon.com
I used an 8' piece of slit foam pipe insulation and wrapped it over the top of the tower with the ski pull so it straddled the entire width of the tower's cross member. This supports the tarp well and provided a soft surface for it to ride on. Again we'll see how it holds up but so far so good. I quickly bungeed the tarp down, it was getting dark and a storm wqw blowing in. I plan to clean it up this weekend. I just used the cheap harbor freight bungees that you buy in the cylinder container.

Dennis P

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I double wrap and cover the brakes (helps the brake rotors from rusting), survived a wind storm that we had last week, 60 mph winds with higher gusts. My 3rd winter season with this set up. This winter I have it at my son in law's home. It's stored like this for 7 Months. Double Wrap.jpg

Funtacular

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just wanted to update and thank everyone who helped with this. After a successful self-wrap and winter, everything came out just fine. Boat fired up on first turn and all linkage, jets, etc are working fine. Pee holes aren't working again but I think my mud dobbers have somehow plagued me again. Just bought new black outlets so will resolve when those come in. Thanks again all!