• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Winterizing tips/reminders

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've read where some of you were trying to get RV antifreeze into your cooling system and I thought I would share how I do it. I bungee up a tarp under the boat so that all the water/antifreeze will run to a spot at the back where I have a small sump pump with a garden hose connected to the clean outs . I pour in about 5 gallon of antifreeze on the tarp by the pump and run each engine until the thermostats open and I'm sure it is all flushed. After I shut the pump off, I rev the engines to blow out most of the antifreeze. At the least, I believe whatever is still in the system, will not freeze.

Also don't forget to take out your Porta Potties and empty completely, including the flushing pump.