• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wire harness for 2010 212SS. My dealer is trying to install a newer year wire harness to my 2010 212SS can someone verify it will work?

Nimpellizeri

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
My Dealer is trying to install a wire harness that is post 2010 to my 2010 Yamaha 212SS. Any comment to confirm it will be successful? I have two cylinders missfiring

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I cannot comment on the 212 but I replaced my 242ls 2010 harness with a 2017 and it worked fine. The new harness has two sets of wires for the cruise assist button (one that goes to the button and one that plugs into the connext system). On the newer harness the cruise assist bottom leads were capped off, I removed the caps, used the leads and everything works fine.