• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Wireless charger

kennetht

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi @kennetht , this isn't a wireless mount, BUT in case this is preferred. My stereo is bluetooth only. I bought this: Amazon.com: Chubby Buttons Bluetooth Music Remote (Wearable & Stickable) | Big, Easy-Press Buttons for Gloves: Home Audio & Theater

It's to the USA Amazon which I presume you're american. You pair it with your phone via bluetooth and it connects as a "keyboard" to your phone. Your will simultaneously connect to your stereo just fine. It then allows you to skip songs, change volume, etc. and you can stick it on any smooth surface. Just make sure the back is clean first. You can also pop it off and bring it outside of the boat, or to the swim platform, etc. Pretty awesome little thing. I wouldn't dunk it though... water resistant only. Too bad they didn't make it water proof. I keep mine on the passenger side, they can control music that way... and move it to the platform when we're beached. No wired remote install necessary. :)

With all that being said, I have a normal mount for my phone and have been thinking of getting a wireless one as well to keep my phone charged. I currently plug in a cable each time...

I don't have a cup holder next to my wheel unfortunately. Or else I would do that.

How did you wire it for power?
@kennetht

My boat has a 12V socket where I drew the arrow so I have power right on the dash.
You can see the mount on the left side of the wheel in the cupholder. I have two more cupholders and a tray behind my throttles so I didn't mind giving this one up for my phone, which I use as my chart plotter as well.

20200529_150818.jpg

Hi @kennetht , this isn't a wireless mount, BUT in case this is preferred. My stereo is bluetooth only. I bought this: Amazon.com: Chubby Buttons Bluetooth Music Remote (Wearable & Stickable) | Big, Easy-Press Buttons for Gloves: Home Audio & Theater

It's to the USA Amazon which I presume you're american. You pair it with your phone via bluetooth and it connects as a "keyboard" to your phone. Your will simultaneously connect to your stereo just fine. It then allows you to skip songs, change volume, etc. and you can stick it on any smooth surface. Just make sure the back is clean first. You can also pop it off and bring it outside of the boat, or to the swim platform, etc. Pretty awesome little thing. I wouldn't dunk it though... water resistant only. Too bad they didn't make it water proof. I keep mine on the passenger side, they can control music that way... and move it to the platform when we're beached. No wired remote install necessary. :)

With all that being said, I have a normal mount for my phone and have been thinking of getting a wireless one as well to keep my phone charged. I currently plug in a cable each time...

That's actually not a bad idea. I'll definitely consider it, thanks for the recommendation.

If I end up going the wireless charge route I'll post a write up on it.

Keep ya posted.

Purchased and installed today

Install was simple, just a few holes to drill to secure the charger to the dash.

Wired it to the open GPS plug that was behind the dash that was unused. Powered up right away no issues.

Would definitely recommend.

Attachments

• 20200616_150825.jpg
    20200616_150825.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 48
  • 20200616_150848.jpg
    20200616_150848.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 56
Looks good! I couldn't justify the price of that thing at over $210 CAD. Maybe a Christmas present.... lol But I did add this wireless charger circuitry for $10 CAD. Doesn't look good, but it's hidden behind the phone. I applied transparent silicon everywhere to make it waterproof. Works perfectly!

Attachments

• charger.jpg
    charger.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 49
OK, so apparently an alternative product came out, at least it's now available in Canada: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B088FNVGWP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's a wireless charger motorcycle mount (therefore, waterproof) and works on 12V. The only issue was that the base doesn't work for my boat. So I now confirmed that it uses a 1" diameter ball. So I purchased a RAM 1" ball mount: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B003N034SE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That base uses a standard 4 hole AMPS pattern. So I feel reasonably good about drilling four holes and bolting it to my fiberglass dash. It means that if I ever change products, I can most likely re-use the same AMPS holes for any other possible mount.

I have yet to install it, just received it. Probably doing that this weekend when I head to the cottage. I'll post again a quick "review". But based on the Amazon reviews, and me just playing around with it now. It looks pretty damn good. One hand operation, holds the phone really, really well. Even has a USB 3 port on the bottom if you need it.

Overall, seems to tick all the boxes and is much cheaper. I admit the ROKK one does look a little sleeker though. But at $12CAD (for the ball mount) and $60CAD for the charger, I feel pretty good about it. :) In case others are looking for alternative solutions.

EDIT: Oh yeah, it also does up to 15W if your phone can do it. The ROKK one only does 5W. Not sure it matters much when you're boating for longer periods of time since even at 5W, it will maintain your charge pretty well. But it's nice to have the "faster" charge rate.

Back