• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wiring diagram for LEDs

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
does anyone have a wiring diagram for the LEDs? I can't find where they are all grounded to? I'm trying to install a dimmer for them and need the ground

0wen87

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Mine went out tonight. I can't even find the correct fuse or breaker! No information in the book and a poorly labeled fuse box cover

Scarabtech

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They use common grounds, not sure if the courtesy lights are on their own ground but not likely. I would recommend using the power wire coming off the switch on the dash, this is how I see other manufacturers put dimmers on them. You can access this under the starboard bow seat back. Unsnap the vinyl flap to get to the back of the switches. The fuse box for them are located there also. @owen87 if it's not a fuse look at the back side of the switch and make sure the plug didn't fall off. Hopefully this helps.

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
They use common grounds, not sure if the courtesy lights are on their own ground but not likely. I would recommend using the power wire coming off the switch on the dash, this is how I see other manufacturers put dimmers on them. You can access this under the starboard bow seat back. Unsnap the vinyl flap to get to the back of the switches. The fuse box for them are located there also. @owen87 if it's not a fuse look at the back side of the switch and make sure the plug didn't fall off. Hopefully this helps.
Yeah I wound up rewiring the entire led system. Not trying to be a dick but the audio and lighting wire on these boats are so ass backwards it's not even funny. What a disaster, but I love the boat so I upgraded all the sound, wires, LED's everything myself.

0wen87

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
My LED's, courtesy /docking lights, and center ballast are out. I'm learning a lesson about having a dealer 4 hours away. I also just bought the module to make the satellite function work, and it won't plug in to the Medallion controller. This is beginning to stink.....

luanders

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@owen87. I will send a pic of where the satellite puck plugs in. It goes into this.... Pic tomorrow

Attachments

0wen87

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Awesome! Now, is that the amp you are showing? Do you also have the touch screen, or standard gauges? This is the main "brain" under my dash:IMG_20160729_2234495.jpg

Yan Masse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
For a satellite puck my 1St guess would the usb port.

What type is the puck connector?

0wen87

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
The satellite module has a unique plug for only "siriusXM" ready radios. My screen has the "siriusXM" button on it. I guess that is just to make me feel better about paying for the premium sound and jamming to that one AM station I can pick up...

Scarabtech

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@owen87 do you have a stereo in your glove box? I can't remember on the touchscreen models. If so the satellite antenna should plug into it I believe. Open the door on the port side of walk thru and look up.

luanders

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
See the other string... I posted pictures. Let me know if you have questions...

0wen87

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
No head-unit on port side. It appears all audio is generated through the Viper II controller that powers the display unit. Only a head and sink in port side. No functioning glove box. But I did find a small fuse block, and it is blowing courtesy light fuses as fast as you hit the switch...

pabs1278

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 G
Boat Length
Awesome! Now, is that the amp you are showing? Do you also have the touch screen, or standard gauges? This is the main "brain" under my dash:View attachment 42876
Can you post you post a picture of your fuse box that controls your front dash instruments? My fuse box cover has faded out. thanks