• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wiring from Drain Plug

WaTeRMaNiaC407

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
I have a 2021 212XD and I want to wire in a drain plug light. I can't seem to find a path from the drain plug on the articulated keel to the engine compartment so that I can wire this up. I am finding it surprising that this should be this hard to accomplish.

I already pulled the rear access cover next to the clean out ports and I do not see any path from the drain plug to there either.

Any ideas are much appreciated.

if it’s like my 2017 212X, you have to take the cover to the clean out ports off and the drain plug should right at the bottom rear. It’s pretty hard to see but I got very familiar with it when I installed a second bilge there a few years ago.

Once you find the hole, you should be able to run wires to battery and install a switch somewhere.

I just installed a transom light last week on my 212 and didn't have to remove cleanout cover just the access cap. Just follow you battery cables to the eng bay and there is a opening i fished the wire thru. Not to rain on your parade but if its one of the 800 lumens plug lights don't expect much. I installed two of them on my older Ar190 and they weren't that bright in fresh water. But the 16000 lumens light looks great and the water was shit last week in Georgia with all the pine pollen.
20220407_213841.jpg

Here is a pic of the 190 with two 800 plug lights, they were better than nothing.
20220412_103825.jpg

if it’s like my 2017 212X, you have to take the cover to the clean out ports off and the drain plug should right at the bottom rear. It’s pretty hard to see but I got very familiar with it when I installed a second bilge there a few years ago.

Once you find the hole, you should be able to run wires to battery and install a switch somewhere.

I definitely can't see to the bottom of the keel from the clean out plug cover area. I think that it changed since the 2017 model.

I just installed a transom light last week on my 212 and didn't have to remove cleanout cover just the access cap. Just follow you battery cables to the eng bay and there is a opening i fished the wire thru. Not to rain on your parade but if its one of the 800 lumens plug lights don't expect much. I installed two of them on my older Ar190 and they weren't that bright in fresh water. But the 16000 lumens light looks great and the water was shit last week in Georgia with all the pine pollen.
View attachment 175461
If the light sucks, I can always change that to something brighter. The first thing that I need is run that dang wire. It just seems like there is a top layer of hull over the keel and therefore the drain plug. I will work on it a little harder and see if I can find the fish tape/pole that I shove through the drain.

Have someone shine a flash light thru the drain plug and see if you can see the light from inside the cleanout cover opening. That might help you figure out what you have going on down there. my 2020 212S I could see the plug from inside, about 4 inchs below the bolts that hold the articulating keel on. But maybe a 212XD has some extra shit down there.

Have someone shine a flash light thru the drain plug and see if you can see the light from inside the cleanout cover opening. That might help you figure out what you have going on down there. my 2020 212S I could see the plug from inside, about 4 inchs below the bolts that hold the articulating keel on. But maybe a 212XD has some extra shit down there.
Good Idea! Thanks for the advice!

Back