• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Worst boat season ever

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don’t know about y’all but besides my vacation I’ve been on my boat 4 times this year. It rains every freakin day.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I towed mine from Pittsburgh to Daytona in May. Had it out twice on that vacation. Haven’t been able to get out again since. Off all this coming week. Hoping to get out a time or two. Terrible summer.

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I feel your pain,,,even out here in the desert southwest near Lake Havasu we're having our own weather issues. Yeah, the sun is out all the time but the temps are hanging around 115-120. Sorry, but that's a little too hot for anything besides just sitting in the water.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We're down on hours this summer as well. Only about 20hrs usage so far this year. A LOT less watersports this season. Just less time on the water in general.

I blame the 4mo old little boy, and some mid-summer heat spikes. Got shade and a fan, but without one adult person dedicated to the baby person it's a rough time getting on the water and enjoying it much.

I'm sure the seasonal usage will continue to rise as the little one ages. Wife and I are on the 5yr plan to upgrade to a larger boat using some assumptions on usage and boys aging.

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was just thinking about this the other day... my last boat outing was the week of 4th of July, and mine is in a sling in my boat house! I am so pathetic!

-Greg

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Other than our Norris trip when we used it all week... we have only been to the lake (outside of putting it in the slip and taking it out) one time this season. Hope we can make the slip payment worth it in Aug/Sep! With the kiddos getting older it has been harder and harder to find the time. I don't imagine this getting any better over the next several years. Better to have it and not need it than not have it and miss it.. is what I keep telling myself!

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Me and a buddy towed our boats up to Lake Winnipesaukee 2 weeks ago for our annual lake vacation. We were there for 7 days - it rained - no I take that back - it f’n poured for 6 days.
F’n sucked!

Last edited:

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
So I'm not the only one that thinks the rain and thunderstorms are a little out of control this summer.