• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

WOT Stop...1st detent vs full throttle

cbus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@B_Mutter you said:

"This is a little trick we have learned here at the store:

Check your W.O.T adjustments. Back in the engine compartment where your control cables attach to the device that turns it into an electric signal for the motors, make sure you are hitting the W.O.T stop. The cables might have stretched and you aren't getting full range. The adjustment is simple, just loosen the check nut and tighten up the other nut. I don't have a picture at the current moment but when you look at it you will understand. I'll see if i can't get a picture uploaded shortly."

I was curious how often you see this. I have noticed a reduction in speed as well. Not sure why.

When I open the throttle to the first detent, I see that the stop hits correctly but when I open it up, it goes back to approximately half that amount. Is this correct? ( it isn't hitting the WOT stop ).

Here is a pic at full throttle:

If anyone has any ideas, please chime in...

Thanks!

Last edited:
Also, does anyone else have a picture of what the position is when they are at the first detent? Mine is up against the wot stop.

Here is our video on the adjustment:

Will's video is perfect!! We actually have to adjust this on every new boat that goes out and we check every boat that comes in for service. It seems like the cable stretches a lot at first and then it seems to be all set. However if no one adjusted this from the start then I can see it still being a problem for your 2011 @cbus

Back