• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

WTH is that?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Fountain? Yeah, the 80's were cool...
That is called timeless design !!!!!!!! When something is so cool it continues to be Superior to other newer designs for years to come, it is a sign of true quality of design and uniqueness. Nothing like history to judge.

By my power as ruler of the world of fine taste, your attempt at minimizing how cool fountain boats are, is hereby immediately declared as failed.

Fast boats are cool (maybe not practical, but the grin on your face transends time, so their greatness cannot be contested). The end. You are welcome.

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Gotta love the sound of that thru hull exhaust.

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That is called timeless design !!!!!!!! When something is so cool it continues to be Superior to other newer designs for years to come, it is a sign of true quality of design and uniqueness. Nothing like history to judge.

By my power as ruler of the world of fine taste, your attempt at minimizing how cool fountain boats are, is hereby immediately declared as failed.

Fast boats are cool (maybe not practical, but the grin on your face transends time, so their greatness cannot be contested). The end. You are welcome.
Your due diligence and research is severely lacking and your entire statement "is hereby immediately declared as failed"

Your "Superior" design is sooooooo superior....Fountain no longer produces anything resembling it!

Center Consoles and 1 Cat model is all they offer....

Market dictates relevance and "superiority"

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Gotta love the sound of that thru hull exhaust.
Seriously. I have no real desire to own one, but whenever I hear a boat like that start up, I get excited.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
...Market dictates relevance and "superiority"....
Wrong again! Style and good taste are tested by history. Fidget spinners and shoulder pads were market leaders but just fads. Did not stand up to history. Market position at a single point is not enough. You have to make it into history as an icon of coolness and class to be as cool as fast boats ever were, and still are.

Sorry, remember I am the ruler of what I determine to be good taste, and fast boats are cool. You may think you are not wrong, but I have declared otherwise already, so that's that.

Fast boat in chopped seas, gigantic grin. Success. The end. How could that not be cool? Ok. Really the end.

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Wrong again! Style and good taste are tested by history. Fidget spinners and shoulder pads were market leaders but just fads. Did not stand up to history. Market position at a single point is not enough. You have to make it into history as an icon of coolness and class to be as cool as fast boats ever were, and still are.

Sorry, remember I am the ruler of what I determine to be good taste, and fast boats are cool. You may think you are not wrong, but I have declared otherwise already, so that's that.

Fast boat in chopped seas, gigantic grin. Success. The end. How could that not be cool? Ok. Really the end.

Dude, I really should not have to break this down so that you can understand it. Your own argument invalidates itself.

Your Fountain boat did not stand up to history...they were a fad of their own era. Jesus, this is elementary.

Fountain no longer makes them....they did not stand the test of time. They went the way of the dinosaur.

Its like pointing directions to a blind person.......

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Dude, I really should not have to break this down so that you can understand it. Your own argument invalidates itself.

Your Fountain boat did not stand up to history...they were a fad of their own era. Jesus, this is elementary.

Fountain no longer makes them....they did not stand the test of time. They went the way of the dinosaur.

Its like pointing directions to a blind person.......
Response denied. It's the whole concept of fast boats. Admit they are cool!!

Tailwaters

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I've owned 3 and they are a blast. Would love to buy another one but with two just heading off to college the FSH 190 will have to do. Plus if I get the urge I can swing by a friends and go for a ride on his 38 cigarette.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If i want to hear wide open big block exhaust and smell the raw fuel burning, i will go the the drag strip.

I prefer my boating experience to be relaxing and peaceful.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Old boats are great and old speed boats are making a comeback. many people are buying the boat they dreamed of as a kid and could not afford. Now they are buying them and putting new power in them and having a great time! Fun on the water is what boating is all about. My first boat was a 13' aluminum boat and I loved it! that was in 1978, I gave it to a guy that works for me 2 years ago and he still uses it and loves it! I had a 7HP Sears POS outboard on it. He rows it. "I did most of the time to when that was on it. I got a very used 15 Johnson for it when I was a little older and that ran a lot better but shifted with Vise grips. Old, new, motor, or paddle the guy on shore is still looking at you going I wish I was there!

Blindduck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah guys i was talking about a 35’ fountain center console. Not really in to the old speed boats lol but with that said my buddy’s 38’ fountain center console will cruise at 72mph no problem

Last edited:

Tailwaters

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
As long as it gets you on the water that's all that matters.

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I disagree with that, sailboat owners need to go the way of the dodo bird. Like 30 years ago!