• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

XS 190

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats we’ve got the same version and love it more and more. Low gas consumption relatively speaking, nice layout and easy to tow.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh yeah.. The cup holder plastic lock rings, put some 3m double sided tape if you are towing a lot as mine were flying out. The screws that hold the Bimini front poles, the ones with black little manual handles, I put locktite on mine as i lost one off my Bimini and it almost flew off on highway before the locktite. I replaced my front roller on the trailer with a stoltz to prevent scratching and finally, I put Goodyear tires on my trailer as I tow it far (I got a flat on Carlisle Chinese tires after 2 months). My glove box eventually fell out too in Florida on rough waters, so I bought jb weld to get the cheap hot glue they used solidified. For depth finder, you probably have one in your 2020, my 19 did not so I installed a chart plotter ... have fun. Hope you don’t experience these but if any of it helps, I learned those over 1 yr. good news is there all Small things.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Excellent !! How did it perform? Where were you at ?

Dan B

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh yeah.. The cup holders, put some 3m double sided tape if you are towing a lot as mine were flying out. The screws that hold the Bimini front poles, the ones with black little manual handles, I put locktite on mine as i lost one off my Bimini and it almost flew off on highway before the locktite. I replaced my front roller on the trailer with a stoltz to prevent scratching and finally, I put Goodyear tires on my trailer as I tow it far (I got a flat on Carlisle Chinese tires after 2 months). My glove box eventually fell out too in Florida on rough waters, so I bought jb weld to get the cheap hot glue they used solidified. For depth finder, you probably have one in your 2020, my 19 did not so I installed a chart plotter ... have fun. Hope you don’t experience these but if any of it helps, I learned those over 1 yr. good news is there all Small things.
Our glove box keeps flying open. Outside of that our fuel consumption during break in was about 15 gallons for 3.5 hrs of boating. Gas is cheap now ! Lol thanks for the other suggestions ! One thing that I found odd was the clean out was full of water after we pulled out of the water ? Odd, but maybe water splashed up when I was zero turning a bit 🤷‍♂️ I just pulled the clean out plug and drained it.

Dan B

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Excellent !! How did it perform? Where were you at ?
North East Ohio. (Salem) Temps were in the 60’s... performed as I hope. Got to get used to this jet drive over props for sure. Lol. Don’t be afraid to throttle it I guess.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Our glove box keeps flying open. Outside of that our fuel consumption during break in was about 15 gallons for 3.5 hrs of boating. Gas is cheap now ! Lol thanks for the other suggestions ! One thing that I found odd was the clean out was full of water after we pulled out of the water ? Odd, but maybe water splashed up when I was zero turning a bit 🤷‍♂️ I just pulled the clean out plug and drained it.
Clean out is always full of water from slowing down water piles in there. My glove box I meant the whole glove box fell on the floor lol.

Dan B

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Clean out is always full of water from slowing down water piles in there. My glove box I meant the whole glove box fell on the floor lol.
Lol ... wow ! Yeah I’ll get me some lock tight and sticky tape for sure then ...

Dan B

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Fixed the glove box issue ! Simply shimmed our the latch a bit and it secured nicely. Wasn’t forced into place under pressure like before and after navigating some choppy water it stayed in place.

Attachments