• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 195S Radio is not working

centurysouth

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Hello, this is my first post and I am hoping someone might have some insight into a pro some we have with our new 195s. The stereo only works when we are docked but as soon as we take the boat on the water, we get a low voltage error message on the screen and the stereo stops. We took it to our dealer and up to this point they have been useless. Anyone have any idea what the issue is?

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hello, this is my first post and I am hoping someone might have some insight into a pro some we have with our new 195s. The stereo only works when we are docked but as soon as we take the boat on the water, we get a low voltage error message on the screen and the stereo stops. We took it to our dealer and up to this point they have been useless. Anyone have any idea what the issue is?
Does your boat have head unit on the swim deck!
?
First guess is check battery connections, wiring harness behind HU & Connext unit (they often get loose.

evoixmr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
@centurysouth what is the voltage reading on radio and connext when you are on the dock? What is the voltage on both when your on the water?

tbg0519

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Does your boat have head unit on the swim deck!
?
First guess is check battery connections, wiring harness behind HU & Connext unit (they often get loose.
I also bet it is a loose connection, since the wires would get jostled when out on the water as compared to the dock.

evoixmr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Check the connection behind the radio, try moving them around to see if the voltage changes.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think you have a loose ground or power wire somewhere..or a bad head unit