• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 195S vs AR190/195 Mooring Cover

Jeff L24

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
As I come to the end of my second season, I'm wondering if I was sold the wrong cover for my 2021 Yamaha 195S. The velcro section that covers the base of the tower has always been hard to secure and the velcro opens when I tow. It is under such stress from being tight that the velcro is beginning to tear. I only recently noticed that the tower base on the AR195 and AR190 are slimmer (not as tall) than the 195S. I wonder if the dealer sold me an AR190/195 cover by mistake?
Any 195S owners out there that can share a picture with their mooring cover on?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220914-133641_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220914-133641_Gallery.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20220914-140847_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220914-140847_Gallery.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20220914-135435_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220914-135435_Chrome.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20220914-135359_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220914-135359_Chrome.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 23
I think there is a thread on here about this already. Probably the wrong cover I'm guessing

I think there is a thread on here about this already. Probably the wrong cover I'm guessing
I did see some posts but no pics. I really wanted to see what the actual difference looks like.

The flaps on my 195s are almost too long.

The flaps on my 195s are almost too long.

The flaps on my 190 are way too long, like several inches too tall. I bet I have a 195s cover...

The first cover they tried to put on wouldn't fit to the rear, it was an "up to '16" cover. Ran to the shed and brought the new cover out, definitely didn't check any part numbers or look it up.

Last edited:
Checked our cover, as you can see it is super tight around the base of the tower and the flaps are way too long. It is very difficult to get the velcro to grab on the sides, they barely meet. The whole tower/boat interface must be a bit different.

Our dealer is sending the correct cover on Monday, I'll try to get this cover back in the box and shipped back.

IMG_0255.jpegIMG_0256.jpeg

I contacted the dealer after I confirmed I was sold the wrong cover. They let me return my current cover for full value (despite being used and no box) and sold me the correct cover for the 195S. I just had to pay the difference, $56. Very pleased. Besides the tower flaps fitting as they should, I can now access the fuel cap without having to loosen the ratchet strap and undue to side velcro to pull the cover over enough to open the fuel door.

I contacted the dealer after I confirmed I was sold the wrong cover. They let me return my current cover for full value (despite being used and no box) and sold me the correct cover for the 195S. I just had to pay the difference, $56. Very pleased. Besides the tower flaps fitting as they should, I can now access the fuel cap without having to loosen the ratchet strap and undue to side velcro to pull the cover over enough to open the fuel door.
How does it fit over the bow area? Looking at my tower area after reading this thread and I suspect I might have the wrong cover for my 195S as well. I'm wondering if this might be contributing to my pinstripe peeling issue that I've had. It definitely fits but it's very tight.

How does it fit over the bow area? Looking at my tower area after reading this thread and I suspect I might have the wrong cover for my 195S as well. I'm wondering if this might be contributing to my pinstripe peeling issue that I've had. It definitely fits but it's very tight.

Mine is opposite, 2022 195S cover on a 2023 190 boat. Everything fits correctly except around the tower. Tight around the front, just tucks under the corners at the rear, lined up correctly over the glass.

Last edited:
Look at the tag on your cover. The correct cover for the 195S is MAR-195TR-BK-20. If yours says 190 and 19 it's the wrong cover.

Checked our cover, as you can see it is super tight around the base of the tower and the flaps are way too long. It is very difficult to get the velcro to grab on the sides, they barely meet. The whole tower/boat interface must be a bit different.

Our dealer is sending the correct cover on Monday, I'll try to get this cover back in the box and shipped back.

View attachment 188200View attachment 188201
The flap over / through the tower cross bar looks a bit loose. Is that the new / correct or old cover?

The flap over / through the tower cross bar looks a bit loose. Is that the new / correct or old cover?

That's a 195S cover on a 190, big cover/small tower.

Back