• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 222x rear swim speaker

gunit93

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Hello, purchased 23’ 222xd last August has about 10 hours on it. After the first ride I noticed the back speaker plastic fell off. I’ll attach some pictures. I used painters tape to hold it for the time being. I’m not sure if I order the new housing pn# F6D-U4278-00-00 if it come with the studs attached or if I should glue the old ones back on and if anyone has any recommendations on what to use. Would just like to get it fixed and have it stay on thanks. IMG_1439.jpegIMG_1438.jpeg

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Usually the speakers are screwed into the fiberglass. The pics look like bolts.

Hard to tell from your pics how they should be mounted. Can take a pic of the opening as well as the speaker one the other side?

gunit93

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
74035817512__45A10212-B313-43E7-A9F7-A826F59930AC.jpeg
I still need to get one of the front side

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hmm, looks like they're supposed to be bolted. Maybe they forgot to put nuts on in the manufacture. Yamahas QC can sometimes be a little iffy. Can you access the backside to install the nuts?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Use some strong adhesive to mount the bolts back to the panel. It's a bitch to get the nuts back on, I suggest getting wing nuts to make it easier. Any new part will do the same thing eventually.