• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 252 Fuel Economy

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
a jet boat for charter = that's just retarded.. concerned about fuel mileage = that's just. retarded..
Thinking people won’t pay $1000 a day to party on the sandbar with a jetboat … retarded

1969mach1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Crownline
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
BS.. no one buys a jet boat to run a business / charter rides etc.. it is considered a luxury item.. therefore non-essential.. if you're concerned about fuel economy and running costs and you ordered 252se.. the joke is on you.. "pitty me I grew up poor" so what dude.. get over yourself.. a 252se?? really?? be done with me PLEASE!!
Are you okay? Really sorry you were offended by that post. It seemed rather benign in retrospect. I think maybe you'd be surprised at how many people out there have a similar story to mine (grew up poor and became wealthy). Maybe that offends those with a silver spoon, who knows? I guess some people will always be trolls because it's just in their nature. I am successful, have a great family, never been divorced and could retire tomorrow if I wanted to, so why would I need pity? That's such an odd thing to say.

What I do know is after 56 years on this planet, when people inordinately freak out about something that has no impact on their life, they are probably in need of some help, or having something going on in their life that's causing strife. I wish you the best.

Last edited:

typhoon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
buying a boat and worrying about fuel consumption = buying a corvette and worrying consumption = should not have purchased a boat or corvette.. seriously?? fuel consumption.. damn..
Hmm, when I take mine out, I keep it around 6000 RPMs so I don't drink fuel. And while I do not own a Corvette, I am not old enough for that and don't own a pair of New Balance shoes yet, I do own a sports car. The 10 cylinder will drink gas all day if I let it, and while it sounds great in 2nd gear while cruising up I95, I tend to use 6th.

I guess, according to you, I should not have bought either. I will sleep just fine tonight with a Viper in the garage, a Yamaha in dry stack, and you cursing at this thread.